what would you rather do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
money has been so tight latley. i have a few bob saved. i would like to put it into the house and get a few bits done. dh would like to go away for the weekend. what would you all do?
Elban26 Posts: 2458
The break would be lovely, but it's only a weekend, doing things with the house will last! You could have a nice romantic dinner at home and chill out after with a bottle of wine and DVD.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
[quote="Elban26":12k825ij]The break would be lovely, but it's only a weekend, doing things with the house will last! You could have a nice romantic dinner at home and chill out after with a bottle of wine and DVD.[/quote:12k825ij] I think the above is a lovely idea O:o)
mrspants Posts: 4652
I would have the nice weekend at home on the cheap! Definitely the house.
anika Posts: 2194
we were in the exact same boat last weekend, h2b would have loved to go away but we also wanted to do a few jobs on the house. we decided to stay at home and do some work and had a cosy evening together after the work
whoop Posts: 1310
I would rather the weekend away. But logically it would be better to put the money into the house. And a nice bottle of wine!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
thanks for the opionons. hubby thinks im being selffish, but its a walk in wardrobe id be getting instead of the weekend away... and he would have to build it ( think thats more the reason)! i think he should really let me have what i want :o0 :o0 . cos i will be moaning about space until i get it.
Shannan Posts: 1334
Definitely the house and a cosy night at home, but then we have so many jobs to do in the house that are really quite urgent and have been waiting too long already, so it's not really a competition.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Definatly the house, anything extra we get goes straight into our house - it will be worth it in the long run.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
would defo be the house and then have a dirty weekend in and just chill out,best of both worlds!