What would you tell your 16 year old self?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lux Posts: 6270
Kinda inspired by other threads! I'd tell myself to relax and have more fun. I was very academic and worked sooooo hard in school, plus lots of extra curricular stuff. I'd also tell myself I won't remember the names of all the girls who were horrible to me and that the glasses and braces will go when you get to college! Generally, school was NOT the best days of my life, college was 100% better.
Boofle Posts: 121
Dump him, your far too young to be in anything as serious, enjoy your youth while you have it.
scoutf Posts: 667
Haha- that's gas: As I read the title of your thread before I opened it I thought 'God, I should have just told myself to relax and have fun' ! I also think I would have kept up a team sport. I was good at them but just didn't have the confidence to recognise it at the time. I wish I was part of a basketball team now or something!
sawyer Posts: 355
Not to be in such a hurry to grow up. To realise that i was ONLY 16, i always felt like i was much older. That friends are much more important than boys. Not to tell lies. That just because school work came easy, that was no excuse not to work hard. To keep my legs closed sex doesn't equate to popularity or love :o( and probably a million other things!!!
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
To: Stop stuffing my bra with cotton wool, they're never going to grow :o0 Bin the pale pink lipstick, it's definitely not a good look for a redhead
ciaraella Posts: 5323
To think more about what i wanted to do in college, i would have loved to do primary teaching but for some reaosn i didn't......although in saying that if i had done it i'd probably be unemployed right now. To not worry so much about what other people think, to be happy to be yourself and stand firm about what you like and think. It's only in the last few years that i've become more comfortable in my own skin and am more confident to say and do what i think is right. Although i do think alot of that comes with age and life experience. Juat wanted to say really interesting threads today folks!
tilsun Posts: 4506
Be nice to people, you'll look back on the times you are with such gratitude and the times you aren't with regret. It will all work out exactly as it is meant to, all your dreams will come true in their own time so enjoy the journey. Some of the things you are worried about will happen - but the worrying you did won't make them any easier to bear. Some of the things you are worrying about will never happen and you are missing so much fun You are a stunner!
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
Don't stop playing sport, don't waste so much time on the ex, give the guy who actually paid you attention a chance and take it very easy driving on a certain day that you'll write off your car!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Save more and dont take out as many loans Travel, but then if i travelled would i have married DH?? Study harder Done the extra year in college instead of going back to do it years later.
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
[quote="wannabfp":2hh52w1m]Save more and dont take out as many loans [/quote:2hh52w1m] Actually - If I had my time over - I hope I'd live by the above.