what you getting your OH's for V day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Hey ladies have no idea what to get my DH for Valentine's day so I'm looking for some ideas. Needs to be on a budget. So much easier for men isn't it?
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
We're going away for the night on Saturday to Lyrath in Kilkenny so that's all we plan on doing!! Can't wait!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Sorry- that's not much help to you :o0
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Nothing, a card! We never do valentines, might just sit at the table and have dinner that night :o0
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
uuuuurm well I wasnt going to get him anything, we just do the cards thing and DH makes dinner really, but if I was going to get him something, I'd probably pay for a date, like take him to the cinema or something, dont know if that sounds lame but we rather give eachother presents of things we can do, rather then 'stuff' if you get me
nelswife Posts: 3869
Thanks to Jawls recommendation i went into Heatons they have lovely (cheap) thing in there, i got a lovely photo frame which i am going to put a photo of us in it, a addidas mens set and chocolate hearts and a gift bag for less then €20!!..actually think i was less then €16!!
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Nobody lives near us to mind DS so going out is very limited and hard to do. I know DH will at least give me flowers so need something to give him as a token. Was in Heatons Friday and didn't see the chocolates hearts :o( :o( :o( Going to have to look out for them somewhere else >:o) >:o)
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
We'll either try to get away for a >:o) weekend. If that is a non runner we'll have a cheap n' cheerful meal deal from M&S or Tescos, and snuggle on the couch with a movie. We're on a serious budget too. Ah all you need is :lvs anyway... Definitely worth a try. [url:2yguqbcx]http://www.lidl-breaks.ie/[/url:2yguqbcx]
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="ghostchild2":1virohiz]Nobody lives near us to mind DS so going out is very limited and hard to do. I know DH will at least give me flowers so need something to give him as a token. Was in Heatons Friday and didn't see the chocolates hearts :o( :o( :o( Going to have to look out for them somewhere else >:o) >:o)[/quote:1virohiz] If your near a M&S they have chocolates in there, but there are more expensive then the ones in heatons
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Got him the Script album and a new work shirt (TK Max) - we never do anything much. I asked him for a CD too. and a card!
Jawl Posts: 8881
I was in Heatons last week, and picked up a really lovely polo shirt for Mr. Jawl. I also got a novelty chocolate hearts box, some love hearts sweets, and a gift bag and card for less than €20. We'll do either takeaway or a meal at home, but if it's meal at home will be something that goes in and out of the oven :o0