what you serving for eve food??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2011b2b Posts: 64
hi everyone i was just wondering what are you serving for your evening food - have in my all inclusive price of sandwiches,cocktail sausages and sausage rolls but thinking now i would like some thing different - bacon butties seem to be popular -whats your opinions thanks
bridee2b Posts: 2534
Our package includes sandwiches and basic finger food, but we managed to get them include chicken wings also. For an alternative they also provide mini fish and chips, but TBH I don't think people will be ready for it after the meal - I have seen it done at another wedding, and although there was a real novelty around the idea of it, people weren't hungry enough... Bacon butties sound delish, mmmmmmm - but how would this work? Just in the same way as the regular sambos... I'm starving now at the mention of bacon butties :-8
nelswife Posts: 3869
We had, Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls, BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Mini Sausage Rolls & Cocktail Sausages, Selection of Finger Sandwiches, Tea and Coffee and Wedding Cake
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
brid_dee I don't see :spam: sambos in there anywhere :ooh :ooh :ooh :ooh
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
We had a selection of sandwiches with assorted fillings, Cocktail Sausages, Chicken Goujons, Mini Spring Rolls, Petit Quiche, Deep fried Mushrooms and served some of the Wedding cake. Abit of something for everyone really. We went to see one venue before deciding and they did a pig on a spit for the evening food. It looked cool and I bet the butties would have been well received.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We're not having extra people to afters so it'll be the people who've been there for the day - we're going with cocktail sausages, sambos, tea/coffee & cake - we're having 3 different fillings so there'll be plenty of choice!!!
nohbe Posts: 253
We had a hog roast for our afters food - it was something that was offered by the hotel as an alternative to sandwiches, cocktail sausages etc - and worked out about the same per head. It was carved there as it was served and served with floury baps, and a selection of salads, apple sauce etc., it was fab. Like I say our hotel provided it, but i think there are companies out there who provide the service as well. It may not be everybody's cup of tea but suited us perfectly and provided a great talking point afterwards!
Pinkpops Posts: 58
We are having a chipper van instead of food from the hotel - its a guy the hotel recommends should be something a wee bit different :)
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:3ite13pl]Re: what you serving for eve food?? by Pinkpops ยป 24 Jun 2010 13:09 We are having a chipper van instead of food from the hotel - its a guy the hotel recommends should be something a wee bit different [/quote:3ite13pl] Will have sandwiches or something else on offer aswell? I know my mam, MIL and other people had to have Rennies on standby and couldn't have that sort of food but would still have been peckish later in the night. It's handy to have an alternative for people who wouldn't like chipper food, for whatever reason, but still want something to nibble on.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
oh some of these sound delicious. yummm we r having sandwiches, cocktail sausage, and cake. Sounds so bland now compared to everyone elses :-8