Menu

What yous think of three-wheeler buggys?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luigi Posts: 867
Im fed up with the buggy part of my Grace Travel system I only drive a Fiesta and it takes up all the space in the boot as it is a flat fold model. Also, for the second day in a row H2B has gone to work with it in the boot of his car so I am pushchair-less on a lovely day for a walk so it has been deemed that we need a second means of baby-transport. Ive been trawling the internet and Ive seen a few strollers but in the summer I intend to take bubs to the parks and an all-terrain model wouldnt go amiss. Ive seen this one: (not generally a M&P momma but I liked this one and its folded dimensions are a lot less than my folded graco) [img:2lrdajfg]http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/database_images/products//10/1013699_zoom.jpg[/img:2lrdajfg] Does anyone have any experience with 3-wheelers?
jen2 Posts: 3106
Have a 3 wheeler from M&Ps. I hate it. Its great for walking with, but its so heavy I had trouble lifting it in and out of the car. It also took up lots of room in the boot. Also it is great for an older baby, but the one we got was crap for new borns. I recommond you see what size it folds into, and how heavy it is when folded. Jen2
Thanks Jen, heaviness is exactly what I dont want. I'll look again for something different. The Graco is really light and easily folded but its the boot space that drives me nuts.
bibikay Posts: 644
Hi Luigi, I don't have 3 wheeler myself, but my brother and his wife do and they hate it... so much so that they are buying a new one now for their second baby! We had looked at the 3 wheelers, but based on their opinion didn't buy it. HTH
Thanks BibiKay, Looks like its back to the drawing board. I need an umbrella fold really, but they all look so light-weight and not that safe. He's still very young for a stroller so I was hoping to find something with a bit of strength too.
NotHere Posts: 10273
My sis-in-law had a 3 wheeler and has sworn off them. Not sure which brand it was but she said it was always getting punctures. She got a puncture crossing the road one day and that was enough for her :ooh
Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
Ask Del, he'll know all about them. :o0
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
really not into three wheelers i dont like them much prefere the normal travel systems
[quote="strawberry shortcake":216hz4yd]really not into three wheelers i dont like them much prefere the normal travel systems[/quote:216hz4yd] Do you have one too Strawberry Shortcake? My travel system is pretty rubbish but it did the job so next baby I'll buy Pram/car-seat etc separately. Seems like everyone doesnt have good experiences with three wheelers. Wonder why you see so many about town- do people just buy them because they are different?
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ah no :o0 we dont even have kids yet :) but my mate has three wheeler wrecked her head in the end she could never get it into the car