Whats the best present for your groom?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happybride11 Posts: 73
does anyone have any suggestions onwedding presents for the groom? i have ideas but just thinking of more. O:o)
banrmama Posts: 111
im not going too mad as i bought him a luvly watch when in new york in january so im doin a basket with his favourite toiletries, special wedding day socks on ebay, a just married t shirt to wear the day after wedding, a letter from liverpool football club, a fab bottle of aftershave, silver tiffeney cuff links and gonna put a little card in to be opened the morning of the wedding!
safari girl Posts: 309
I got him a nice pocket watch to have on the day and am having a boudoir shoot on Tuesday! :o)ll Can't wait for it now.
happybride11 Posts: 73
[quote="banrbride":56iki7k7]im not going too mad as i bought him a luvly watch when in new york in january so im doin a basket with his favourite toiletries, special wedding day socks on ebay, a just married t shirt to wear the day after wedding, a letter from liverpool football club, a fab bottle of aftershave, silver tiffeney cuff links and gonna put a little card in to be opened the morning of the wedding![/quote:56iki7k7] If you dont mind me asking how did you get the letter. my partner is a mad liverpool supporter!!!! :o)ll :o)ll
farmershar Posts: 46
[quote="banrbride":1c832cc9]im not going too mad as i bought him a luvly watch when in new york in january so im doin a basket with his favourite toiletries, special wedding day socks on ebay, a just married t shirt to wear the day after wedding, a letter from liverpool football club, a fab bottle of aftershave, silver tiffeney cuff links and gonna put a little card in to be opened the morning of the wedding![/quote:1c832cc9] OMG....thats an impressive list - I feel very scabby now!!!! I just got him a pair of engraved cufflinks to wear on the wedding day and a bottle of aftershave....wondering is this enough now :-8
[quote="happybride11":9zz5xao0] if you dont mind me asking how did you get the letter. my partner is a mad liverpool supporter!!!! :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:9zz5xao0] if you go onto the liverpool fc.tv site and then go to the Contact Us tab chose Public Relations, enter all your details in the comments section, names, date of wedding, your address etc. I got mine back within 2 weeks. best of luck it is really impressive and im gonna frame it for h2b and my brother who is gm is gonna read it out on the day as it will kill him...he is a mad man utd fan :hyper:
[quote="farmershar":c2z59y92]OMG....thats an impressive list - I feel very scabby now!!!! I just got him a pair of engraved cufflinks to wear on the wedding day and a bottle of aftershave....wondering is this enough now :-8[/quote:c2z59y92] really it seems alot but ive been collecting stuff for last 8 months and to be honest havnt spent a fortune. i got cuff links when in new york in jan so got them cheap compared to here. my sis was in vegas few weeks ago and got aftershave and everything else was bought by the week so really didnt feel like ive spent much. my h2b has been so good to me over couple of years including having 2 surprise engagement parties and a surprise 30th for me so really felt it be nice to do something he isnt expecting!!!
Mrs Ellie Posts: 266
I got him cold feet socks, framed Liverpool letter, will be gtting him aftershave, and I have spent last year making a scrap book of our time together.. Oh I got him cufflinks aswell. Just cheap ones off ebay that say Groom - they'll do da job.. So all that is really costing me money is da aftershave - god does that make me sound really mean!? i'll have to get him something else!
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Me!!! What more does he want :-8 Wow girls some lovely gifts there. The scrap book sounds amazing, I really don't think that it has to be an expensive gift a thoughtful one on the day would mean as much if not more and then treat yourselves on honeymoon. I am planning on packing up our bags nicely and slipping in some little treats for him. I was thinking of getting him a diving computer as a surprise he really wants one and could use it on honeymoon. FH prefers 1 big present rather than lots of little ones but I'm sure I will manage some little treats in the run up to the wedding too.
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
Hi girls!! I'm hoping to be able to skive some Money away and get him a HUGE aquarium!! It's expensive but H2B is really into marine aquatics and has never really had a brand new good tank!! I'd love to be able to get him one but we'll see.... Have cold feet socks, Liverpool cufflinks, beautiful groom book, bride & groom "game over" t shirt for the day after, he's going to pick a watch he likes and I've sent away for the Liverpool managers letter! Will get him aftershave too :) sounds like a lot but we'll have been engaged a while before we marry so I've been picking up bits along the way.