Whats the "done thing" for Christening gift from Godparents?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Hi girls, My dad has been asked to be a godfather to my little niece! She's the first grandchild so we're very green as to what the "done thing" is in regards a gift for her christening? My parents are very practical people & will probably give money & maybe a small token but how much is the norm & also what would be a good gift to give also? thanks ladies :wv
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
We only had close family for DS Christening so most people did not give a present but his godparents gave him newbridge silver booties for a tooth and a curl.
HappyMe Posts: 727
I got my niece a silver braclet with her name engraved on it - there are ones you can get for babies / small children and they are not expensive. I had got one from my godmother and loved it when I was small. My DD got prize bonds from her gf and some newbridge silver stuff from gm. I'd keep it simple really and wouldn't spend too much. DD won 80 e on her prize bonds so was able to put that into a savings a/c for her which is fab.
mamajen Posts: 2263
I got my niece a bracelet with her name, DOB etc engraved on it for her christening.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
thanks for the ideas girls, i think the bracelet or cup is a fab idea with her details on it. I know she already got a few personalised blankets from when she was born. thanks again :thnk