whats the worst hairstyle you've EVER had? pics welcome!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
:o0 :o0 :o0 mine was a really short bob with a blocky shapeless fringe.. all my mums doing... :-8 :-8 :-8
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
I was a teenager in the 1980's so I kind of had a bad hair decade including one or two charming poodle perms. Just remembering makes me cringe.
aylala Posts: 3673
Died black (badly, patchy) looked like mortica adams with curly hair, had to get it stripped and cut to try and repair some of the damage :-8
ainm Posts: 2211
I had this disgusting one for my brothers wedding!! i was 6 or 7 and it still scars me! I had a poker straight fringe, it was cut around my ears in a square kinda box shape framing my ears with 4 big ugly ringlets on the back. It's hard to describe but however bad it sounds, multiply it by 10! Plus because it was my brothers wedding, there's loads of photos and i can NEVER forget! :o(
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Def without doubt the perm I had when I was a about 11/12. I have really thick hair so it went wild. Looked like a poodle. Cried till it grew out. :weep and rightly so it was dreadful!
~lila~ Posts: 524
had short short hair at the time went for a trim, and came out with a step!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek I'll never forget that, or the bi*ch that did it!!!! Was scared of hairdressers for years after that, and I've never had short hair again!!
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Wow just noticed 3 months tommorrow :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
aylala Posts: 3673
[quote="Marmali":2ixo1scd]had short short hair at the time went for a trim, and came out with a step!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek I'll never forget that, or the bi*ch that did it!!!! Was scared of hairdressers for years after that, and I've never had short hair again!![/quote:2ixo1scd] :o0 :o0 :o0
pupsalove Posts: 1490
Definitely a poodle perm, that just didn't take to my very thick hair. I was looking for Julia Roberts long curls and got a red Afro! I had the only Afro red head in a small town and it took TWO YEARS to grow out!! I'm not so much moritified as stunned that I had that look for two years. :eek Of course I didn't go out for those two years :o0
Eris Posts: 870
I've never had a bad hairstyle my whole life - it's either been bobbed, shoulder-length with layers or just long - and avoided the whole perm thing completely. BUT! I had a disastrous home colouring experience, where I had some colour in my hair I wanted to get rid of and misread the packaging on some bleach "colour remover" in a shop and thought it would remove the dye!!! So there I was, about an hour from going out to work as a waitress, taking off the towel in the bathroom to see my hair dark brown at the roots (my lovely natural colour that I should NEVER have messed with!) and the rest of my shoulder length hair was bright orange or flourescent yellow! It felt like straw as well. I was horrified. Put a black scarf over my hair and tied it up and went out to work. Came home and talked with my mum and decided the only thing to do was dye it brown again. Meanwhile my little brother was bug-eyed at my hair and I was pretending it wasn't a mistake and he was trying to be nice about it! I dyed it brown the next day and kept dyeing it over the next few months and used so much leave-in conditioner that eventually it felt normal again.