Whats your most embarassing moment as a child?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
I had a flash back this morning. It mightn't seem like much to anyone else, but it caused the perspiration to seep onto my clothes. I remember when I was about 11, my Dad dropped us to school. For a start I never remember being on time as long as I attended National School (no bus where we lived, Mam always dropped us). ANYWAY this particular day, as I said Dad left us to school. Usually most normal people would be dropped at the road, and would walk up the drive to the school. But this wasn't good enough for my Father. He drove us through the gates in his BIG ORANGE DATSUN, and dropped us in the middle of the school yard. I still remember getting out of the car with a big purple face and crawling to my class room, dying with the knowledge that there was 150 pair of eyes looking out through the windows at me. I don't know WHY I remembered that today but I did. And another time, I decided I didn't like my walk, and wanted to walk like an older girl that lived beside us. So I took up a little WADDLE. I remember my friends mother saying "Why is hagfromhell walking like that". Now when I think of it, it just looked like a had a bad scald. I don't know how long it lasted, but hopefully wasn't too long.
katgirl Posts: 1258
ok my most embarassing childhood moment is still with me today , god ill never forget it i was in 1st class and there was an outbreak of nits in the class and the teacher decided to call us up and check all our head for lice and needless to say i had headlice, the teacher actually jumped back from me and let it be known to all the class that i had nits :-8 :-8 i just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me, as it turned out there was at least 6 other kids with nits but as i was the first up they were all looking at me as if they got them from me- we all got a letter to bring home for our heads to be checked and when my mam asked me about it she went mental that the teacher did this and went in the next morning and tore strips off her- after that i used to insist my mam check my head every friday and put in the smelly nit stuff weather i need it or not :o0 :o0
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Isn't it strange though the way these things stayed with us and shaped us into the people we are today :o0
cherries on top Posts: 521
Can't forget mine either, or believe I am admitting it Apparantly I had a "wetting my knickers*" problem when I was four or five and just started school. I think it was nerves. My sis was a couple of years older and had to carry a spare pair for me in her bag. At least once a day the teacher had to call for her so I could change my pants! The shame! :ooh
katgirl Posts: 1258
yeah totally a shrink would probably say its characher building :o0 even to this day if my head is any way itchy im straight over to Dh to have a quick look - i know its irrashional and mental but headlice is the first thought that comes into my head - god how are we not all in therapy :o0 :o0
CestMoi Posts: 2162
My mum dropping me off at the school gates with a squealing fan belt on her car. She didn't get it fixed for weeks, so I used jump out of the car before we got to the drop off point. Was so embarrassed and thought everyone was looking at me if we had to go into the town. :-8 DH said his sister used to be embarrassed to get a lift with them in their dad's car after school. So she'd walk from the school to the other side of the town and wait there, but the boys were picked up at the school.
aylala Posts: 3673
These are funny I remember calling the teacher mam :-8 :-8 :-8
kookiegal Posts: 1150
*)
delighted Posts: 258
[quote="aylala":1hn9gfny]These are funny I remember calling the teacher mam :-8 :-8 :-8[/quote:1hn9gfny] I did this!!!
WaltKawolski Posts: 149
My first time cycling to school, I was about to get off my bike so I could walk across the road at the crossing in front of the boys school, when my skirt somehow managed to get caught up in the saddle, exposing my shera knickers to all the boys. Total humiliation. :-8