Menu

Whats your most expensive *extra*?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jenr Posts: 313
Theres been alot of discussion on favours, fountains, chair covers etc and while some will have loads, others think they are a waste of money but I think everyone must have an area that they spend "a little bit extra"? Im *hoping* to have a few extras ie chair covers, favours, canape and drinks reception, even pew ends are an expense!! My most expensive extra is the vintage car, mainly cos its just for me!! h2b wants an armani suit!!
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
Our extra was we allowed ourselves a very expensive band. We haven't too many things we splashed out on, we kept everything as low as we could budget wise, but we did splash out on that.
Mommy2Two Posts: 704
my rings & the food, & the honeymoon to some extent - sacrificed to some degree flowers, cakes, decoration, canapes etc each to their own - but we all deserve something splash out on the day & forget about the recession :wv
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
My extra is my flower archway & flower swag for the granite pillers in the church :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Minnel Posts: 202
There were a few things I wanted. Chair covers being one and the hotel have provided them free of charge so I decided to get favours too. My biggest treat is my wedding shoes. I got a pair of Jimmy Choos - the Macy ones. I love them. Keep taking them out of the box to look at them. I was only laughing at myself at the weekend. I went from the girl who wasn't going to bother with a wedding cake to having a four tier one. I get so sucked in with all the little details.
babybambino Posts: 940
We went for chair covers even though we thought at the beginning they represented all that was ridiculous and excessive about weddings! We changed our minds after seeing them in the hotel at their wedding fair. I'm not telling anyone though, anyone who asks will be told that the hotel is providing them. They're not a huge expense though in the grand scheme of things
jenr Posts: 313
when you look at those options instead of favours etc its not surprising that many think those are a waste as your choices seem bigger and nice to have more money to spend on them! A big surprise to my planning was the cost of BRIDESMAIDS!! iv got 3 and with dresses, shoes, accessories, makeup, hair and on and on.....! Its at least 200e per bm so and the one thing I hadnt included in budget, I had e100-150 bm dresses x3!! silly me, thank god I have wol now otherwise Id be the most disillusioned wedding planner!! Iv said in other posts, I *have* to have wedding car, think chair covers add so much to wedding feel, choc fountain included in hotel, favours show I appreciate guests traveling and canapes and drinks are in a good package with hotel, I did want caricature and/or fireworks (some extra entertainment) but thats defo not possible in budget!!!
evalena Posts: 1130
I spent too much on my dress.... and my shoes were a ridiculous price even with the discount I got on them!! But I don't care!! We saved money on other things - not having favours or chair covers and we have friends doing the photography and video. I suppose the wee extra we are having is canapes at the drinks reception. I thought it would be a nice surprise for ppl.
MeSB Posts: 3785
ms organised Posts: 1069
We're having favours and chair covers but the most expensive extra we're having is a fairy light backdrop. :o)ll