When are cravings supposed to start?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicam Posts: 1169
Just wondering if there's a particular time cravings start? I'm 18 wks & haven't "craved" anything too much except that I've been drinking shed loads of milk & eating tonnes of chocolate which I don't normally eat. But this week I suddenly got it in my head I wanted a Burger King Bean Burger so wondered now I'm 18 wks are the cravings about to kick in?!!
Delish Posts: 4176
No i was the same as you just tonnes of milk. I also ate more wine gums and chocolate, but I could have done without the sweets and chocolate, but was absolutely addicted to milk the whole way through.
arib Posts: 499
Everyone is always asking me about cravings - I don't think they're as universal as people think! I got very fond of spuds and apples but that was as much to do with morning sickness as anything else I think.
voddy Posts: 108
Im not a fan of milk myself but have found myself craving cheese & ambrosia creamed rice - yum!
MrsMeggy Posts: 367
Not every one craves. A craving is not always a good thing they are actually a sign that you are lacking in somthing, as in the when you hear of strange cravings like Coal or the like it is down to a lack of the minerals that are in coal if you get my drift I dont think i had any cravings ( I did tell DH that Mars bars were my craving but it was just an excuse to eat them more)
chicam Posts: 1169
Glad I'm not the only one who is a milk-monster so! So if you do experience cravings they can actually be all the way through then? I always thought they were only from 20 wks etc on or something. And yes I do the cravings excuse about mars bars, I never usually eat the damn things but some reason I can't get enough lol! thanks girls!
birdie Posts: 954
[quote="MrsMeggy":371ep9z4]Not every one craves. A craving is not always a good thing [b:371ep9z4]they are actually a sign that you are lacking in somthing[/b:371ep9z4], as in the when you hear of strange cravings like Coal or the like it is down to a lack of the minerals that are in coal if you get my drift I dont think i had any cravings ( I did tell DH that Mars bars were my craving but it was just an excuse to eat them more)[/quote:371ep9z4] I had the oddest craving ever when I was pregnant, couldn't get enough beetroot into me!! And as it turned out I had quite a sever iron deficiency, ended up having to get iron injections, so I reckon my body was definitely trying to tell me something!
oirish Posts: 1541
I didn't really crave anything per say, just ate a lot of one thing in phases ! Like the crunchy nut cornflake phase, and the toast with mayo and sliced tomato phase :D about a week ago I woke up thinknig about a 99 cone. Nothing would do for me only I had to have this 99. Finally got one, had another the next day cos still thinking about them. I had one on sunday even though I wasn't craving and felt sick after it so that's that craving over I reckon :D
baby-bel Posts: 929
if you have a deficiency in something though that you dont know about at the time, how does your body actually know that you would find that something in a particular food that you then start to crave????? :eek :eek :eek if thats really what makes people crave things then thats truly amazing , but it just seems a bit far fetched, I dont have any cravings yet though so maybe thats why I find it hard to believe!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:ym3ioto2]I never had any cravings throughout the entire pg!![/color:ym3ioto2]