When are u tellin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sarahh Posts: 69
Hey This is a question about when u are all going to or have told family and friends about being pregnant how long did u wait,i just found out on wedensday and am bursting to tell people i was thinking of telling both parents and siblings the weekend.....how long is everyone else waiting before they tell
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm waiting until I pass the 12 week mark and my first scan (which both fall on the same day next week!!). :o)ll I was bursting to tell for a few weeks but I got used to it being our little secret and in a way I'll be a little sad when we break it to the rest of the world! I would say we're unusual in telling no-one for 12 weeks and I often wish I'd told my mum, but we're both a bit superstitious (hence the name) and heard so many sad stories of people we know losing babies in the first 12 weeks that we decided (after much deliberation) to keep it to ourselves until then. If anything went wrong, we're not sure who we'd want to know. I'd say most people tell close family earlier, friends at 12 weeks and leave it as late as possible to tell their employers!!
Yellow Elley Posts: 1522
Definitely after 1st scan. I'm a bit superstitous too though. H2b sister announced she was pregnant just a few days after finding out herself and then she lost it a few days later. Think now she has learned to keep the info to herself now. H2b was really excited about being on the godfather line. My brother didn't tell any of us that his fiance was expecting until she was 7months, how it went unnoticed is beyond me (I wasn't around at the time) but it was great excitement for the 2 months
summer daisy Posts: 1336
told my mam and DH's parents and grandmother at 6 weeks (about 10 days after we found out!). Told family members soon after. I am delighted I told family because if (God forbid!) anything had happened I would have wanted their support.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I think that if you would tell the person you have had a miscarriage then you would tell the person your pregnant. That's how I look at it.
miss sixty Posts: 467
Hi Sarahh how you feeling? Whats your due date? Im thinking mine is mid July...so excited!!!! We decided to keep it quiet for at least 2 months or so, Im thinking the week before xmas.
sarahh Posts: 69
Hey miss sixty I due the 26 june really excited feeling really good cant wait to tell the parents,i letting them know because i waould hate it if something terrible did happen and they didnt know they would be heartbroken and i would need the support too
Sassy Posts: 2269
Even though i'm not pregnant i think i would tell my and dh parents when we're about 7 wk. I will find it hard enough keeping it a secret from my mum that long but i could wait any longer. If anything ever happened i would want my parents support to get through it.
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i found out on a friday and i told my parents on the monday i was only about 4wks, i usless at keeping a secret!!