When are ye all putting up your tree????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sandy13 Posts: 939
cant rembember when i usually put it up. thanks sandy
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
9th December....I'd put it up on the 1st if I could but I had to comprimise with DH. Although I think he's getting into the Christmas spirit...he bought lights for outside the house at the weekend!!! I can't wait...I get so excited over Christmas! :o)ll
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
The 8th [b:y5tguvha]Its bad luck to put it up before then![/b:y5tguvha]
sandy13 Posts: 939
great stuff thanks girls!!!!!!!!!
pluto Posts: 3893
The weekend after next. Can't wait! :o)ll
SaJa Posts: 4282
[quote="Hokey Cokey":1djrr1vq]The 8th [b:1djrr1vq]Its bad luck to put it up before then![/b:1djrr1vq][/quote:1djrr1vq] Same here, I think the 8th is soon enough.
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
Putting ours up the 8th as well :o)ll
pluto Posts: 3893
Do you think we'd get away with putting it up the 7th? :-8 One day early shouldn't be too much bad luck! O:o) Hubby's away the 8th, and the following weekend is too late. And I refuse to put it up during the week. I have to put it up at the weekend so that I can get up the following day and enjoy it without having to go to work.
DublinGirl Posts: 1307
We always put ours up 1st December. LOVE christmas. Plus I bought an extra 2 trees in Argos on the sale for EUR35.00 :-8 :-8 . So I'm putting the big one in my sitting room, and the two smaller ones from argos, I'm putting in the kitchen and one in the hall. We have a huge hall and a fairly big kitchen too. Roll on this weekend. Zipity doo dah, zipity day, my oh my what a wonderful day!!!!! :action34 :o0
clucky Posts: 26471
The 8th its a tradition in our house the lads put it up - i comment that it looks ''messy' take it all apart and do it myself