when are ye telling?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobies Posts: 1625
I am just 6 weeks was going to tell family and friends at around 10 weeks if I can hold out that long. Feeling a bit nauseous the last few days and boobs killing me!
mrsd06 Posts: 52
I couldn't wait and told everyone at 5 weeks. A bit early i know but I can never keep secrets... even with xmas or birthday pressies... i always give in. I get too excited.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
We were the same told a lot of people, family + close friends straight away. As my bro said, it's joyful news, no point in not telling in case the worst happens. O-O :o)ll
mrsd06 Posts: 52
I totally agree tigletts. Husband was so excited and couldn't wait to tell his parents... will be first grandchild for them.
Hubby is a bit supersticious (sp?) about things and wants to wait..... Will have a chat to him tonight and see where it goes...
madmam Posts: 1294
We told my mam, DH's close family, and a couple of my close friends. Don't know about work. I work with chemicals (some would be hazardous enough) so not sure whether I should tell my boss or not. Any advise?
I think Id tell shorty just to be on the safe side...
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Sorty, be careful, don't put yourself in any needless danger. Did you tell your GP where you work? He/She should be able to advise you.
mummy bear Posts: 3824
Shorty id tell as boobies said love that username!! boobies congrats, and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy, i told parents and work around the 10wk stage i had to as i was having twins and was huge!!
Thanks Crimbobride!! Its a very appropriate username at the moment!!