When are ye telling work you're pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tcm Posts: 260
Hi was just wondering when ye are planning to tell work about your pregnancies and how? I don't know why but I'm a bit freaked out about telling them. Have scan apt on august 13th so I know I'll have to give them 2 wks notice but not sure if i have to put it in writing or what. Any advice girls? MrsK
milis Posts: 7998
I told just before 12 weeks. I think it depends on your job, and how sick you are! I don't think you need to put it in writing at this stage, can you just tell them you have a medical appointment that day, and then tell them after?
Gingham Posts: 3014
i told work at 12 weeks. i had to tell my manager at about 8 weeks due to very bad morning sickness but he didn't tell anyone.
Babystar Posts: 195
I didn't tell work until about 15 weeks. Personally I didn't want to tell them too early, as I wasn't sure how they would take in. I just said I had a doctors appointment for my 12 week scan. I didn't have to give them any written notice yet or anything like that. In fact, they were really nice about it.
Butttons Posts: 812
I going to hold off til around 16 weeks if I can (If I'm showing before then I'll have to tell them earlier).Promotions are due the end of August/Sept so don't want me being pg to affect their decision.
kala Posts: 1937
i had to tell my boss straight away as there are some chemicals i can't use while pregnant. no one else knew until 12 weeks.
purple star Posts: 4
hey mrsk09 i have my first app on the 13th too was going to tell the hr manager tw weeks before and just ask her to not tell anyone else!!
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I have my appointmenton Aug 12. As it happened I am scheduled to be off that week anyway so I will definitely hold off telling until sometime after that.
taraxx Posts: 79
I am 12 weeks this week and have scan on Thursday. But I told my boss last week as we had a potential swine flu case and she was not taking it seriously at all so I had to say something!! I might tell the rest of them after the scan but not sure