Menu

When are you telling at work?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Blackie Posts: 52
Just wondered when you all think is a good time to spill the beans at work that you will be off for a few months! Nearly said it today (13 weeks), but got cold feet. There won't be any problem I am sure, but wondered if I was being a bit previous....
MrsP2B Posts: 180
hey blackie i'm 12 weeks had to tell work this week cause of the nature of work i do, guess its individual really you could wait till ya start showing which will be soon :D
snozberry Posts: 1212
I spoke to my managers - in confidence - and told them from when I was about 9 weeks... this was to prepare them in case I couldnt come in or felt ill at any stage. As it turned out I was off for a couple of weeks resting after a scare - thankfully all was ok but at least I didnt have to explain anything to anyone. told my closest colleague aswell then told everyone else when I was about 12/13 weeks. so really its whenever you feel comfortable... and as someone said depending on the nature of your work... you should now not lift anything weighty or move furniture/ large amount of files etc etc.... hth
Blackie Posts: 52
Thanks girlies - I think I will definitely say it before the end of the week. We had an office move recently, so I made sure not to lift anything but still tried to make myself look busy! I have told one close colleague as I had to tell someone! Looking forward to having my bump and then I will have no explaining to do :) It just struck me that I bumped into my boss in the doctor's when I had a scare myself, and made an eejit of myself by crying in front of her, so as far as she knows it was bad news, as I never told her any different. Feel a bit guilty now. Previous time I had a misc. and bumped into my previous boss in the hospital that time - spooky!