When can hubbie feel the baby move?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goldie. Posts: 1233
Am 24 weeks pregnant today and can feels babs kicking and moving away strongly but hubbie can't. The poor dote is spending hours with his hands on my belly waiting to feel something but while I can feel the kick etc he can't. How long before the movements get strong enough for him to feel do ya think?
jmeath Posts: 5740
I felt nothing myself until 22wks and hubbie felt the kicks at 24 1/2 - 25 wks
thanks for that hun
Roxanne Posts: 3201
I can't WAIT for this - the last scan we had nearly blew DH's mind, so I can just imgaine how emotional he'll be the first time he actually feels his baby kick! :o)ll
I know my hubbie gets so disappointed when he can't feel anything yet.
Aurge Posts: 1456
Think it was about 25 wks aswell maybe after. Its very slight though but they'l get stronger. And the hubby's will get fed up aswell :o0 All excited at the start but then its like, yeah iv felt it kick already :o0
veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
my hubbie felt d first kick wen i was 24 wks... i remember i knew myself it was getn stronger n he felt it he got such a shock!!... try explain tho that he's not gonna feel a massive punch or anythin and its not as strong as we feel it i tink hubbie was expectin to get a big kick at first rather than a little thud!!... Best of luck its so exciting!! :wv
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
I think it was at least 26 weeks before DH felt kicks and even then there was only the odd one. Baby was a bit shy and used to go quiet when DH's hands were on my belly. I think my LO is a late starter as it's still moving around like mad after 34 weeks and this is when they are meant to quieten down. :eek
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
I only started feeling movement myself at 22 weeks but just tonight my hubbie felt the baby, was very slight though but he felt something :o)ll Was a lovely moment :lvs I was only after a cuppa and some toblerone too yum :-8 and baby must of liked it too as started moving after :lvs
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
My hubby first felt it at around 24/25 wks too. He was so fascinated by it! The novelty wore off a bit though :o0 Now I constantly watch my belly dancing from the kicks & I keep saying "oh did u see that" to DH & he's like "no I'm watching tv, not your belly"!! :o0