When can you feel your uterus?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi guys just wondering about this? I know its meant to come out of your pervis at about wk 11 or 12. I just remember being able to feel it all of a sudden last time but can't remember when. You know just above your pubic line, it gets hard and swollen? I can't feel anything yet?
the moms Posts: 1427
I could feel mine at 13 weeks, just a small but pretty firm bump. It's gotten a good bit bigger over the last 2 weeks, nearly half way to my belly button now. I find it easier to feel it when I'm lying down on my back.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I've only noticed mine in the last couple of weeks - I wouldn't worry if you can't feel anything - I think only the doctors really know how it's supposed to feel. I read that the distance from the fundus (top of uterus) to your pubic bone should correspond in centimeters to the number of weeks you are pregnant so I had DH out with the measuring tape but tbh I couldn't really find the fundus and was afraid to poke too hard! Doctor found it straight away yesterday tho!
Mrs March Posts: 175
Mine has defintely come out in the last week or so. Still not rock hard and looks like a jelly belly when I'm sitting down, but very obvious when in the nip. It's the last thing I do at night is look at my tummy's profile in the mirror to look for progress!
lenadmp Posts: 139
a long time ago