when did ye have ye're first scan???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs snuggles Posts: 209
Hi everyone, i was wondering when ye had ye're first scan or due to have it, I am due mine in my 15th week and it seems so long away if anything was wrong, I got my bloods done yesterday and my gp just said he would write a letter for my Gynecologist going in for my scan, so I wont need to see anyone until then, Is that normal???
Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi mrs S We had our first scan at 14 weeks, it seemed like a long time into the pregnancy, but I think that this is normal enough. I think some mum to be's are left waiting longer than 15 weeks in some cases :eek You can get a private scan if you are willing to pay, there are links floating around for contact details.
Thanks dootsay, I am impatient at the best of times!! :o0 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
shobie Posts: 1437
We had first scan at 9 weeks, but I think it was so early because I literally found out I was pregnant about 5 mins after it happened so got myself off to the doctor nice and early :o0 Second scan was at 20 weeks, and will have another one at 34 weeks to check position of placenta. It's very exciting! I found the first 12 weeks dragged by but since then the weeks have been flying past! Enjoy it!
Wannabamama Posts: 481
I had mine at 8 weeks, similar situation to shobie, found out i was pregnant the day i was due. Went to doctor 4 days later booked consultant that day, so got in nice and early. As a result all my scans have timing wise been a little strange.
newone Posts: 1714
I am going private also but she said 15 weeks was okay but I just booked a private scan there for 8 weeks just to make sure things are the way they are supposed to, it seems 15 weeks is a long time if something has happened in the meantime, I would be driven out of my mind, Thanks a mill to everyone who helped me with this :xxx
happycamper Posts: 186
I'll actually be a day short of 17weeks :eek :eek :eek Its horrible waiting so long. But thank god i've had no reason to have an early one. i was telling my mum and i got the whole "In my day" story. She had 5 kids and not one scan. So i'm just going to wait til wk 17. 5 more to go.
goldfisher Posts: 439
Im having my scan on Week 12. It depends i think on you consultant. I must get my bloods done next week though.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I had a scan at 7 weeks because of bleeding, but other than this, my first (and only) scan was the 20 week one (although I got a date for this at 18w 2d). It was nothing to do with booking in early or late, etc, as I booked in before I even reached 4 weeks :eek :o0, it's just the policy for my midwives, that only one scan is done at 20 weeks. After the bleeding (even though everything looked ok) we booked a private scan for 13 weeks also, so I've had 3 now, and have a 3d one booked for 7 weeks time, then that's it!