when did ye start to buy maternity wear ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
just been browsing at some maternity wear - how soon did you start to buy/wear maternity clothes - what size did you buy in the maternity line - all a bit confusing :o0
babychino Posts: 634
Hi octmum2b, I needed maternity trousers around 12 wks!!! I found the bump bands great for non work wear, but needed the actual maternity ones for work. The size depends on the brand, but I am usually a 12/14 and this size is fine in the maternity clothes too.
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
I bought maternity trousers about 8 or 9 weeks for work as my usual ones really started digging in. Bought my usual size but they're a bit loose on legs and bum and have them on the tightest (had very bad ms so lost weight from everywhere except my belly!!) My shirts and jumpers all still fitted so didnt buy tops. Only really started buying tops and jeans since I've had my scan at 11.5 weeks but thats just me and I'm a nervous Nancy!!! The comfort is amazing....not sure I could go back to wearing normal trousers :o0 :o0 :o0 (remind me of that in 6 months!!)
ddesmond Posts: 457
I started at 8 weeks/9 weeks - i came out straight away - still getting away with low rise but anything other than that is at the back of the cupboard!!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
I am still in my usual work-wear attire (trousers are low rise) but my jeans became quite uncomfortable so I had to buy some mat. jeans at the weekend. Other than the jeans I just wear leggings at weekends.
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
i have bought maternity stuff, but i havent worn any yet, i would recommend asos.com, and buy in your own size O:o)
tilsun Posts: 4506
I really only started a couple of weeks ago. Haven't really had the money for lots of shopping and most of the stuff I've seen in shops is not to my taste. For trousers I wore a bump band with my trousers open underneath. Lived in leggings and jeggings since the band stopped being effective. I guess I'm lucky I can work in casual clothes. For tops, I got great use out of my looser and longer ones and picked up a few more a size bigger than my usual. I have bought half a dozen or so maternity tops lately - I found Dorothy Perkins good.
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
tilsun oh my God look at your ticker!!! :eek :eek
tilsun Posts: 4506
[quote="Mrs Gerard":2r2zcwf9]tilsun oh my God look at your ticker!!! :eek :eek[/quote:2r2zcwf9] I know :eek :o0
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I've been wearing my maternity jeans non stop for the last two weeks. I was getting away with my own until then. I think I've put on extra weight too though, as I'm out of work . I'm still in regular tops though, just a size bigger in some. I think the actual maternity tops look like tents on me as i'm still very small.