When did you feel first movements?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Sorry, been asked a million times before :-8 I'm just really looking forward to this next stage....I'm guessing there would definitely be movement by 18wks so left that as highest option :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I am convinced I felt something at 10wks but nothing since....everyone is different apparently and doctor said yesterday it might not happen until 20-22wks as its my first :o(
Cowslip Posts: 761
I didn't feel movement until I was 19+2, I was sitting at this very desk when I felt it ! They say it isn't unusual to not feel movement up to 23 weeks. It all depends on the Mum and the baby and whether it is your first. They say women who were very slim before the got pregnant feel movement earlier because there is very little fat there to cushion the kicks. I was slim before getting pregnant but not very slim and I had a bit of fat on my stomach..I'd say I was normal really, so you might find most girls feel movement on their first later then 18 weeks.....
NotHere Posts: 10273
[quote="Dolly Dora":c5wrjwcz]it might not happen until 20-22wks as its my first :o([/quote:c5wrjwcz] Really :o( Bummer Tried to edit my poll to add more options but it won't let me!
charli Posts: 5994
i was 19 weeks too! though they say on 2nd pregnancies you feel the baby earlier have to say it was a really significant feeling - remember not expecting much but it was like a total somersault/butterfly feeling - but not gentle. i was sitting watching tv with my hubby and jumped suddenly as it was such a strong sensation - i even started crying (in a good way!! :o0 ) and i didnt think it was going to have that kinda impact look forward - its a lovely feeling!
Mrs J Posts: 387
Think it was around the 17 week mark but only week 18/19 when I knew thats what it was for sure. My doc had told me that I probably wouldn't feel anything until week 21/22. DH could feel them when he placed hand on bump at around week 21/22. Still absolutely love feeling them and now seeing belly move (I'm 37 weeks) - even though it resembles a wibbly wobbly bowl of jelly! Never thought that looking at my belly would make me laugh so much!
madmam Posts: 1294
Dolly, I was convinced I felt movement at 11 weeks also, but they were hardly there. They have kept on though, and now are quite strong! They have to be him, because it only happens when I am sitting still. He's a wriggler though...... :o0 Oh, and I am far from slim. Dunno what it all means....
luigi Posts: 867
The docs reckon yoyu'll feel your first between 18 and 22 weeks. I was 17 weeks and a couple of days but Im really skinny and taht can be a factor in feeling it earlier. Can you add any more wee options to the poll?
jen2 Posts: 3106
On my first , i think I felt the first moevemnt around week 20. But on second and thrid I felt them form around week 15 - 16. They were just every light bubble movements. Unlike the thumps Im getting now. Jen2
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I first felt ''something'' about 18 weeks and then nothing for a week and a few days (maybe2 weeks) then I know what I felt were definately kicks as they kept getting stronger and now Im just getting battered !!!!! Im far from thin and have lots of padding in the stomach area but its so funny reclining on the couch at night time watching TV you can see your belly moving :o0 :o0 MrsNoc