When did you kit our your nursery??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

angels 58 Posts: 236
Too nervous to do it too soon, but dont want to leave it too long as Ill be too big to be bothered with shops! Also, anyone shop up north? Are the savings worth it? When do nursery shops have their sales???? Thanks
katgirl Posts: 1258
i was about 7 mts when Dh did up the nursery , he painted it and we got a few bits from ikea and painted them the same as room and got curtains and mats etc , i waited untill the jan sale in euro baby before i got my cot and i got the matress in the mothercare jan sale i saved a good bit by waiting to get the cot and matress, i see by your ticker your baba is due early dec so will get loads of bargains in the jan sales , just have your room ready as in painted and that cos baby wont be in there for a while anyway , all you need straight away is your moses basket or cradle
Anonmama Posts: 239
When DD was 6 months old. We didn't want a nursery as such but a little boy or girls room. I didn't see the point of a nursery as baby would be in our room for the first 6 months, her clothes were kept on her changing unit which was downstairs. Now, her room is decorated for a little girl, rather than a baby. It will stay that way until she's old enough to demand her own taste!
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Finished it a couple of weeks ago (am almost 36 weeks) I know there is no need to have it done yet as babs won't be in there for a few months but I couldn't rest until it was done!! All done up for a baby girl too so hope the sonographer got it right or DH will have the paintbrushes out again :) Very glad I got all the shopping out of the way weeks ago as it would kill me at this stage!
nomla Posts: 787
We only finished painting it two weeks ago; he moved into it last week. Its two different shades of blue and then a tiny bit of red; curtains got last weekend in Next. As a previous poster said I didn't want a nuetral baby room; as I am planning on him being in that room for good. ALthough that may change as when he gets older I might move him into one of the back rooms. But we also we not ready to do up his room as we only moved into our home about 11 weeks b4 I had him. Good luck with you decorating; and planning.
angels 58 Posts: 236
thanks for replies girls. good to hear what others are doing. it never occurred to me to hold off til after the birth....might be a good idea. although might be nice to get it done while ive time on my hands. getting all so real! :o)ll
BallerinaBride09 Posts: 610
We finished ours about 3 or 4 weeks before I was due. We knew we were having a girl so decked it out accordingly. We got a cot, wardrobe and a chest of drawers with a changing table top. It was so amazing taking all the little baby gros and vests out of their packages, washing them and putting them away along with nappies, towels, creams and lotions etc etc. We got Mamas and Papas furniture but bought it from BellaBaby where we haggled for a really good discount. They will negotiate especially if you're buying a few pieces and I found them great to deal with. Even though our baby sleeps in our room still (she's just under 3 months) she spends a lot of her time in her nursery - we change her there, she takes naps in her cot and we play there so we wanted it completely done before she arrived. Enjoy the prep!