When did you start buying baby things?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Salander Posts: 1639
Will be 12 weeks this week, had early scan at 9 weeks and will have 1st hosp appointment at 15 weeks. Haven't bought a single baby thing yet - am really excited but somehow scared to buy things at the same time - wierd eh? Don't want to leave the big items too late but don't want to go mad buying stuff we won't need. When did ye start buying your baby bits and pieces?
love struck Posts: 1125
nyota I didnt buy a thing until I was 30weeks pregnant and at the stage decided I needed to pack a bag by around 32weeks just incase. Bought only a few things and didnt keep them in my house.. Bought the pram at 32weeks and left it in the shop and hubby picked it up while I was in hospital tony keelys is great for this. Everything else was got when I got home or delivered while I was in hospital. For me 15weeks would be way too early.. Maybe around the mid 20week mark.. Congrats on the pregnancy
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
I bought my first babygro after the anomaly scan! Left the big stuff til a little later.
tanyababy. Posts: 511
I did mostly the same as love struck. We have ordered the essential items and DH will collect them after I have babs and am in hospital. I then bought a few things for the hospital bag around 28 weeks eg 8 babygrows, 8 vests, boots, hat, scratch mittens, cotton wool, sudocream, 1 packet of nappies- only the bare necessities though. Although its so tempting to buy so much I want to wait and get the clothes in the right colour
Salander Posts: 1639
Thanks Ladies! Thats great - I wasn't sure if it was weird not to buy anything yet but you have put my mind at ease - it just doesn't feel right to get stuff now. It feels way too early and although i am really excited i just want to wait until im further along - still feels unreal sometimes!
Maybump Posts: 527
I had first consultants visit at 18 weeks and ordered travel system, crib and a few other bits from kiddicare.com as husband was on a weeks holidays and sterling rate was good at the time. Then ordered more stuff like changing unit, cot bed and sheets and stuff at 25 weeks. I thought it was better to space it out then have one big hit in one go. I bought a lot of clothes when I was in New York at 19 weeks. I said if anything was going to happen it would regardless if we had the stuff or not. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:2p8yn5dz]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090426/dt/4/k/6d1a/preg.png[/img:2p8yn5dz] [/url]
mammybean Posts: 10364
i didnt buy anything til i was 26 weeks last time. i wont be buying anything this time til next week. i will be 27 weeks. only thing i would say is yu culd use 8 vests in one day. i had to send daddy off on shopping trip i didnt have nearly enough vests or bibs!