When did you start showing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maybebebe Posts: 168
I am only 8 weeks and there some sort of a pointy bump above my bellybutton (I'm not all that flat so didn't think I would show for ages) so when and where did you start to show?
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
Hiya, I'm only really noticably pregnant now, at 24 weeks. I had a scan done at 8 weeks and the sonographer went down to the top of my lady garden to get the scan, she said the baby is way down there at 8 weeks. Could you be bloated?
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
hiya- firstly congrats :o)ll :o)ll Secondly, i was convinced I was showing at 8 weeks, but it went- it was all bloating. I didn't actually start showing until 22 weeks or that, now I'm huuuuge :o0 wishing you a great pregnancy :thnk
Greece Posts: 1800
was bloated a lot for first trimester, almost passed for a small bump but its defo just bloating! Only got real bump going on since about 22/23 weeks, getting bigger now. Good luck
maybebebe Posts: 168
I am bloated Bababoom but it just seems lumpy IYKWIM its probably nothing just me being over paranoid :hic Lol Laoiswollie you don't instill confidence in me! I nearly had a panic attack in new look looking at the maternity models bumps :o0
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
[quote="Maybe-bebe":37zhmepx]I am bloated Bababoom but it just seems lumpy IYKWIM its probably nothing just me being over paranoid :hic Lol Laoiswollie you don't instill confidence in me! I nearly had a panic attack in new look looking at the maternity models bumps :o0[/quote:37zhmepx] Ha ha oh I remember i was in Mamas & Papa's way back in january, wanted to try on a few pairs of maternity jeans (even though i'm only in maternity stuff since last week :o)ll ), anyway so they have these bumps that you can try on with the clothes- hilarious! i took a pic on my phone for my boyfriend thinking i was so smart and wouldn't get that big, well now at nearly 27 wks i have that bump and more :o0
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
[quote="LaoisWollie":1lb4rtxu][quote="Maybe-bebe":1lb4rtxu]), anyway so they have these bumps that you can try on with the clothes- hilarious! i took a pic on my phone for my boyfriend thinking i was so smart and wouldn't get that big, well now at nearly 27 wks i have that bump and more :o0[/quote:1lb4rtxu][/quote:1lb4rtxu] Haha! I never saw the fake bumps!!
Piggle Posts: 1770
I was showing at 8 weeks, I didnt fit into anything, by 12 weeks people were congratulating me, there was no denying it. I am tiny so its easier to see!
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
My trousers were too tight at 10 weeks due to bloat, but only really started showing properly in the last few weeks. Definitely look pregnant now at 22 weeks and people who didnt know have started stopping me to congratulate me. You do go through a "is she/isn't she" phase from about 10-18 weeks when in my case I just looked fat and people were too afraid to mention it when they weren't 100% sure I was pregnant
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="mrs ddt":1pkh6mqz]My trousers were too tight at 10 weeks due to bloat, but only really started showing properly in the last few weeks. Definitely look pregnant now at 22 weeks and people who didnt know have started stopping me to congratulate me. You do go through a "is she/isn't she" phase from about 10-18 weeks when in my case I just looked fat and people were too afraid to mention it when they weren't 100% sure I was pregnant[/quote:1pkh6mqz] +1 My clothes were tight from about 8 weeks due to bloating. Then the dreaded 'did she eat all the pies' phase but now properly pregnant looking *)