when did you start to show?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sue ellen Posts: 45
Apart from the sickness that only began in week 13 (am now at wee 17 and it has eased off a bit), am finding it hard to believe I am pregnant. Cant wait for my bump to appear!! How long more do I have ot wait???? Hubbie says I have a wee one, but I think he is only being nice! I just feel like I put on a few pounds on my belly and it just looks a bit like the beer belly I had when I was a student!!! I am just dying to wear some of the gorgeous smocks/maternity tops I have bought, but my mom keeps tellin me to hold off putting them on yet as I will be stuck in them for long enough! Anyone else in the same boat??? :( SE
Lady Di Posts: 2487
It really varies SE unfortunately, its impossible to say. I was showing more this time at four months than I was at six months the first time. I think when its your first though it can take ages to show. I know what you mean though, I was always dying to get my bump. Don't worry you'll get it and by full term you'll be so uncomfortable you'll wonder what your rush ever was :o0 :o0
MissieGold Posts: 1124
Only in the last 3 weeks. People are really surprised that Im 6 months pregnant as im still wearing my own clothes though I have had to pick the looser jeans since last week. Your mum is right - you will be sick of Maternity clothes by the time baby comes along. Downside of bump appearing all of a sudden - Ive just discovered stretch marks :o( Im prone to them and have been using Bio Oil since 7 weeks but alas I will be covered in them in another few months. ;o( (have them on my boobs since I was 14 and hate them) )
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I suppose in last week it's more noticable and really depends what I am wearing. I still have the two spare tyre look even though it's getting smaller each day. Hoping in a couple of weeks it will look like a proper bump.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I got very bloated early on but it went at about week 12. Then i had the 2 belly thing until about week 20. I really only started to look pregnant at about week 22/23. I went on hols at week 21 and looked like i had more of a fat belly than pregnant. Im only small aswell, 5ft and size 8-10 but it took ages for me to show. Even now from behind i dont look pregnant i still have a waist. As far as the maternity clothes are concerned LISTEN TO YOUR MA :o0 i thought id never get into them not i hate them. I need smart clothes for work and maternity clothes are hickey. There are nice stuff online but are expensive, the only place i got anything decent was H&M. At the moment im wearing black maternity trousers from Mothercare and a size small black jumper from Dunnes (one of the ones with the fake white shirt underneath very stretchy) and a black belly band under it.
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
it must be a sign of all the fat on my belly but I had an unmistakable bump at 15 weeks had to tell everyone cause they all new anyway, strangers and all commenting. I do love it though but how big am I going to get?
sue ellen Posts: 45
thanks girlies, was having one of those feeling sorry for myself days and ye cheered me up with the advise. Think I just am dying for everything to happen really quickly!!! Sometimes the tim drags!!!! I was wondering actually when to start using the anit-stretch mark cream so thanks for that tip! have the creams but was waiting till I starting showing/getting a bump before I started to use them. Gues I will start straight away so! thanks for the advice and good luck girlies! SE