When did you start to show………….

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Elvis has left the building Posts: 36
I know it’s different for everybody and some days I look 5 months pregnant, but on average when does the little bump appear? I also have a wedding at 21 weeks. Again I know this varies from person to person but from your own experiences how big is the bump by than. I will be waiting to do the dress shopping till the last minute but would the bump be still a bit small for proper maternity wear. I really have no patience at all.
luigi Posts: 867
It was around 17 weeks when I started rounding out. We had a do at 22 weeks and I remember I wore maternity trousers for the first time but just a normal long top. Enjoy the wedding!
Mrs J Posts: 387
I woke up one morning at 24 weeks and had a small bump - up until that point, there was no sign of anything and it really was that sudden - everyone at work commented on it. I myself, felt a little round on it from about 22/23 weeks. I'm apparently still 'neat' at 37 weeks though not feeling entirley neat at the moment. Suppose everyone's different and a lot depends on your pre-pregnancy weight (I was a 12/14 before so not a real skinny thing!). Think I was in maternity trousers around week 24/25 though I bought mat jeans at weeks 21 as ordinary jeans felt tight. Still finding that most maternity clothes are too big but determined not to buy anymore with only a few weeks to go - just have to keep hiking the jeans up and I invested in a bump band which has been brill.
Rocky Posts: 465
I have a bump since about 10 weeks but am really, really showing now - no denying it, id say i'll be huge by 21 weeks! one thing though my bum seems to a bit smaller but maybe thats because the bump at front looks bigger :o0
deem Posts: 710
I'm a bit like rocky I bought mat clothes as pre pg clothes no longer fit. I thought could just buy bigger and not look pg, just look bigger or by pg clothes and look pg, I opted to by the mat clothes, but I def look pg in them althought the trousers are still a little big, my own are more than a little small
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I would have thought just in the last week, but people have been passing comment for about the last three weeks! Don't have a nice well-defined bump yet but have a big belly that is starting to get that unique pregnant shape. And am in maternity trousers since last week - they're great!
jen2 Posts: 3106
On my first child did not wear alot of maternity clothes. Think I wore my owm clothes till week 24 or 25. But on second and third, I needed to wear maternity clothes from about week 17. I am 24 weeks now and still have them on the tighest setting. Get clothes that you can adjust the waist settings. That way they grow with you. I should think that you will need maternity clothes by week 21. Even just for comfort. Jen2
jenny.s Posts: 25
first time round i got my tiny bump after 21 weeks but every one is different. If you are slim you probably won't get a bump until at least after 20 weeks and even then it will be small.
jenny.s Posts: 25
first time round i got my tiny bump after 21 weeks but every one is different. If you are slim you probably won't get a bump until at least after 20 weeks and even then it will be small.