When did you tell your parents & family

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

december06bride Posts: 245
Just wondering how many weeks were you when you told your parents and family that you were pregnant???
shocked22 Posts: 511
Hi December. We told my parents as soon as it was confirmed. We told dp's family after we had an early scan at 10 weeks and we told friends at 12 weeks. Although we haven't actually told everyone yet...we are just telling them as we see them. I wanted to tell my family as we had a loss last year and I knew that it was my parents and dp that I needed most for support. It is very much a personal choice though. How many weeks are you now??
december06bride Posts: 245
I am 6 weeks, i am just dying to tell my parents and family, and its not fair telling the without telling my husbands family too
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Told my parents when I was 6wks,told my sister the night after we found out 4wks or so...told cousins etc...at 3months!! Felt sorry for my mam she was bursting to tell the good news!
shocked22 Posts: 511
It's really a decision you both need to make. DP was more than happy for me to tell my parents and wait to tell his. We told my brother and sister and his family within a day or 2 of each other. I know how hard it is to keep it a secret though, especially when all you want to do is shout it from the roof tops!
007Babs Posts: 417
At about 6 weeks too, when we were home for Paddy's weekend cos everyone was home.
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
i told my mam the day i found out, along with his mum and dad, which was around four weeks. told my closest friends the day after along with my sisters. I can't keep secrets though. still haven't told work though and I'm starting to show a tiny bit so going to have to do that soon.
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
We told my mam and dad at eight weeks but it nealy killed my mam when I told her she could not tell anyone! She avoided her own sisters for weeks as she was afraid of blurting it out. In fact at 12 weeks we were going abroad so I let my mother tell everyone - she said 'I'm going to be a granny' and some people did have to ask was it me pg and not another of my less obvious sibilings!
Sassy Posts: 2269
We told both parents and brothers and sister the week we found out. I just couldn't wait to tell my mum as she knew we where trying. I told my closest friend last week and we will tell aunts and cousins after we have our early scan which will be next week.
breeze Posts: 1175
The only people wqe havent told are my parents, but ny mam knows. Going to tell my dad on fathers day. And then probably tell the world