when did your sickness go ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
almost 14 weeks now (14 weeks tomorrow by "my" dates) and i'm still awful sick :hic Dh took me out last night for a lovely meal to celebrate getting so far with the pregnancy and I wasn't in the door 10 mins before the whole lot came back up. He said next time he's taking me to the chipper :o0 :o0 Today i've kept nothing down and i'm just worn out - I was kind of hoping i'd wake up the morning I turned 12 weeks and it would all be over and while I do have the odd day where I don't get sick i'm throwing up all day in work and all day at the weekend. I know it's all worth it in the end and I shouldn't be complaining but it's so hard to keep good humoured about it i've been like this since 5 weeks. sorry for the moan girls. I should be grateful i'm sick and still pregnant.
charli Posts: 5994
ah pet i feel for you i was one of the lucky ones who didnt get MS though i did have that awful nauseau they usually say it passes when tri 1 ends and you enter tri 2 which is almost where you are at - i think it coincides with the placenta taking over from you for norturing the baby? any day soon, please god i di remember from about week 14 on i had bundles of energy and felt great - so hopefully you will get this burst soon *)
mellie me Posts: 192
hey honey, i know how how you feel, went out for lunch with hubby yesterday and got home and it all came up again. Everyone keeps telling me it will start to ease now, oh i hope so for both our sakes - would you believe after our scan on Friday my husband turned to me and said so all the sickness has been worth it!!!! - if only he knew what it felt like - MEN O:|
thanks charli, i'm just feeling so sorry for myself :o( :o( I'm soooo looking forward to the next stage and hoping the sickness eases off and I don't feel or look like a train wreck all the time! They don't tell you hard pregnancy is in the books :o0
[quote="bobs":32kdtsuh]hey honey, i know how how you feel, went out for lunch with hubby yesterday and got home and it all came up again. Everyone keeps telling me it will start to ease now, oh i hope so for both our sakes - would you believe after our scan on Friday my husband turned to me and said so all the sickness has been worth it!!!! - if only he knew what it felt like - MEN O:|[/quote:32kdtsuh] poor thing, it's horrible isn't it. BUT as I said to dh last night as I sobbed over the loo - hey, at least I REALLY enjoyed eating it :o0 :o0 It is worth it, obviously, but it's damn hard work too.
mellie me Posts: 192
i know it will be so worth it, back to work tomorrow after a week off, had tonsilitis and just suffering from complete exhaustion - i dread it so much i feel like i am going back to school after summer holidays :o(
jellybaby Posts: 2316
You poor thing - I remeber well how horrible it was to have a lovely meal, and see it again a short while later :o(. Unfortunately, my MS lasted til 18 weeks with DD, and I kept waiting to wake up from 11/12 weeks, to find that it was gone, but I wasn't so lucky ;o(
lambnose Posts: 915
With DD I had morning sickness until 13 weeks. I just woke up one morning and all the sickness was gone. It felt like I had a new lease of life. This time round, the sickness ended at 9 weeks. They say it gets easier with each pregnancy so keep that thought in mind for next time. :lvs I know it is awful at the moment but as soon as the sickness stops the weeks just start wizzing by and before you know it May will be here and our babies will be in our arms! *)
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
Oirish, your allowed to feel misearable every now and again, esp when the ride has been so tough. my MS was similar to yours although not as bad i dont think, and its been easing every day for the last 2 weeks id say. none of this waking and feeling normal again. it went from lots of pukes, to two, and now im down to one every morning when i get up and then im grand. sometimes the nausea returns in the pm but not always. its very hard to keep smiling and stay positive with your head stuck down the toilet bowl! i hope it starts to ease off for you soon *)
fantac Posts: 4109
oh oirish you poor thing - i'm really sorry to say that i didn't stop throwing up til i was 17 weeks. but as soon as it stopped i kinda forgot about how horrible it was, if thats any consolation. take care pet - peaches and party ring biscuits did the job for me most of the time. x