When do i take off veil ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride301009 Posts: 66
Im sure theres a thread on this already but when do i take it off? Before the meal? Before first dance? After first dance?
MeSB Posts: 3785
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
After the meal - so it is off before first dance! Usually when you go to touch up after the meal you return looking radiant minus the veil ... *)
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
i kept mine on for most of the night till near the end of the DJ. Its up to yourself,many wait till after the first dance,some take it off before the meal. ask one of your bridemaids to help you take it off.
timeout Posts: 40
hi ladies, i had planned to take mine off after church but i forgot and ended up taking it off after meal also tied up dress after meal,,, :wv
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
My veil was short so I wore it for most of the night. Forgot to take it off until one of the girls said it to me out dancing. I did clip my dress up before the meal as it had a very long train. If your veil is long, You are probably better off taking it off before the first dance as it may be too awkward to dance with. The wedding we were at last week the Bride had a full length Veil and took it off before the first dance.
Maria1983 Posts: 390
It's really up to yourself, I think.
Kingston Design Posts: 895
It's completely up to yourself-if it's a long veil most brides take it off after the meal so you're not tripping over it for the first dance! I got annoyed with mine during the meal and whipped it off between courses! Just do whatever suits you on the day!
thanks for all your comments its a really long veil so i think i might take it off after the meal