When do people use bubbles?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tararod Posts: 562
I quite like the idea of wedding bubbles but when do people use them? Also how many do you buy, not everyone needs to have one do they?
ram Posts: 86
I was at a wedding recently and a few people had bubbles and used them when the bride and groom walk out of the church. I think it is because most churches don't allow confetti anymore.
ems09 Posts: 318
I am giving everyone at my reception bubbles, but we are having a good few kids(early teens) and they loved the idea of them :lvs also we are not doing any other favours, we are making a donation to 2 diff charities instead. I think they will prob use them during the first dance or whenever they want :o0 I was also going to do the bubbles as we leave the church, You can get bubble machines that will blow them as you leave :o0 :wv
Receptions Posts: 423
:wv Bubbles are great for outside the church as you are leaving, makes a fab photo and as above a great alternative for confetti as most churches no longer alow the use of confetti. They are also given as favors, and to entertain any children. Bubbles can be found on our online shop at :wv
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
you can get lovely bubble bottles on the confetti website.... h2Breally wanted them when he saw them in the shop!!!!
kookiegal Posts: 1150
They can be used during the first dance also!
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
i'm confused at the idea of bubbles as you leave the church - this would mean that your guest leave the church before you?? any wedding i've been to the bride and groom walk down and out of the church first and then have a reception line to greet others as the also leave the church to join them outside - am i missing somthing??
jessibelle Posts: 23
hi girls, bubbles are great out side of the church and that but when it comes to the dance floor be careful last wedding i was at they did this and the floor got wet and the bride went flying!!!! and twisted her ankle!!!!!!!
09 Cyprus Bride Posts: 107
[quote="jessibelle":3b0l78oi]hi girls, bubbles are great out side of the church and that but when it comes to the dance floor be careful last wedding i was at they did this and the floor got wet and the bride went flying!!!! and twisted her ankle!!!!!!![/quote:3b0l78oi] Ow! Thanks for the warning! We're having bubbles at our wedding so I'll make sure they're banned from the dance floor!!
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Ouch - definitely keep them off the dancefloor! In my area the b&g walk to the church entrance and wait there to meet and greet all their guests as a married couple. The guests than wait outside the church and stand to one side as the couple walk through to go for pics. I would imagine that this is when the bubbles would be used?