Menu

when do we have to notify the state?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rk16 Posts: 190
Hi all Im getting married june 20th 09, doing the pre-maraige course 14-15th nov, do we need to do anything prior to this, notify state?? what entails with that anyways? not too sure only that the babtisimal cert from church has to be 6months printed off so that leaves me jan to do that... confused!!! :eek :eek Any help in this girls??
mollyeile Posts: 2486
You must inform the state at least three months before your wedding. no harm in doing it now - though your appointment with the registrar won't be for a while. I did mine a year ago and look at my ticker!
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
You have to notify the state of your marriage at least 3 months before your marriage so you can go about doing that now, you need to make an appointment with the registrar this link should help you http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm also this site will help you http://www.gettingmarried.ie/pages/index.php?nd=16
sarakg83 Posts: 347
i dont think u need to do it before ur course u should get an appoitment to notify the state now and get it out of the way. i rang in august to get one and they gave me november!
rk16 Posts: 190
[quote="mollyeile":cbui6uoa]You must inform the state at least three months before your wedding. no harm in doing it now - though your appointment with the registrar won't be for a while. I did mine a year ago and look at my ticker![/quote:cbui6uoa] Oh my god and i thought i was a bit organised... thanks for that, i rang and got an appointment early december... Note girls that havnt organised this yet, the registrar in my area offaly, said that its actually best to give 6months notice as alot do it at last min and if your county cant do it you may have to go to the next nearest county O:| O:| But im soo greatful that i checked this out today :o)ll :o)ll
MeSB Posts: 3785
Flower Store
Dir Posts: 351
AM IN IN TROUBLE THEN .. CUASE I AM GETTING MARRIED ON 7TH OF FEB AND HAVE DONE NOTHING ABOUT THAT YET ????????????????????????? :eek
You are still within the 3 month mark just about Ring them first thing tomorrow I say they will try and fit you in. You might have to go to a different county. But I am sure they would have left some time set aside for people in your case. I wouldn't worry about it but definitely ring you local office tomorrow
Dir Posts: 351
OMG .. THANKS Kerrylass83, Just after picking myself up off the floor here ...I HAve taken down the no. of the registration office ..i will ring em first thing.. and here i am going to order the invites 2morrow .. how stupid is that O:|
Don't worry about I am sure it will be fine :wv