When do you have to stop wearing underwired bras?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Maybebaby1 Posts: 558
anyone know when I should change my bra?
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
ASAP! Apparently your breasts are one of the first changes in the body due to pregnancy and become larger almost as soon as you discover you are pregnant. Where the wire sits on the sides of the breasts is where the milk ducts form and the underwire can cause problems. This is what my doctor told me so I got non wired almost immediately. One piece of advice I would give is to get measured properly for a maternity bra as support is vital - saggy boobs = stretch marks! I know some people that have small chests get stretch marks when pregnant as they increase in size but I think thats just nature anyway!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi I'm very heavy chested and am still wearing underwire bra's at 17.5wks the woman in the shop said to make sure I go in and get measured every few weeks just to make sure its not gone too tight. I can't face non-underwire they'd be down to me knees :o0 . I did get new bra's aprx 3weeks ago and went up a back size and 2 cup sizes!
Maybebaby1 Posts: 558
thanks so much for the advice girls I will go and get measured properly tomorrow. Hope you all have a good weekend.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I stopped wearing them almost immediately. I have gone from a 34B to 36C and lady who measured me in M&S said ill need a 38D :eek in about 3 weeks. I can even see the 36C is getting too small by the day. I dont look that big because of the non underwire, they are crap for giving you a shape but i heard they were safer.
bibikay Posts: 644
You don't have to stop wearing them at all if you don't want to. You can buy maternity, and breastfeeding, underwired bras, that provide great support. It is true that you need good support, but you will also find that if you're anything bigger than a B cup, that quite often the non-wired bras provide absolutely NO support at all. The Mothercare bras are particularly bad. I am a D cup, and their so-called "Maternity bras" were ridiculous.. no support at all, boobs heading south. Terrible. Just see how you go, and if you do increase in size, then you may need to buy bigger sizes. But, it's not an absolute given that EVERY woman will increase dramatically. Personally, I only went from 36D to a 36DD.... my band size never increased, and the cup size only went up one size. Obviously there are some women that experience dramatic changes, but you may or may not be one of them. While breastfeeding, I found the underwired nursing bras were brilliant... great support, especially when breasts were full. HTH!
Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi girls I'm a 34B and have'nt changed as of yet but kindof do feel that I am filling into my bras a bit more that past couple of weeks,I suppose I better go and get measured.I did'nt realise that the underwired was'nt reccommended ??I always wear underwire.Do everyone go up a few sizes when pregnant I certanly won't mind if I do haaaaaaaaaaaaaa :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
breeze Posts: 1175
im still wearing my underwire - id be lost with out them :eek . nobody told me i HAD to stop wearing them. I just pop in to the shops and try the next size or two up. Im not going to get mat bras, whats the point there gonna be sitting in the drawer or pegged in the bin. I'll probably get sports bras if i really need to