When do you start checking out creches/childminders?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

juicytube2 Posts: 245
Hey girls, just wondering when do you start looking into creches/childminders for our lil bubs??? Have no idea about this. Also I live in North Co. Dublin but work in Ballsbridge so not sure what area is going to be a. better for choice b. more convenient and c. price All advice welcome :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Daff Posts: 11644
I started looking at 6 months pregnant even though I wasn't going back til DD was 10 months old! But things have changed a lot since then. Saying that the creche DD ended up in still has a waiting list. We loved it and really wanted her in there and they only took 3 babies. Now though I'm at home with her and hoping to put her in somewhere part time when this LO arrives cause not sure how I'd cope with a newborn and a small toddler. First thing you need to do is decide which childcare you want - and then also have a really good think about where seeing you have a good commute. Main things to consider about location are: * will you be able to make it back to creche before they close after work? will they be open early for you in the morning? how far do you want LO to travel each day * if LO is sick have you anyone nearby to collect them and look after them til you get there? * what suits your OH better too. Babies get sick a lot when they first start childcare so it's inevitable that you/both of you will have to take time off work.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Get looking now, you will need to look at a few too see what option you like best. Again waiting lists are huge at the moment so its better to get your name down in a few places. I am based in north co dublin so if you want to pm me your area i can try recommend a creche in your area.
juicytube2 Posts: 245
[quote="wannabfp":1j2daf91]Get looking now, you will need to look at a few too see what option you like best. Again waiting lists are huge at the moment so its better to get your name down in a few places. I am based in north co dublin so if you want to pm me your area i can try recommend a creche in your area.[/quote:1j2daf91] Hi Wannabfp Ill PM you now. Thanks for commnets girls O-O
CluelessGal Posts: 80
Hi girls, I'd be interested in this also as living in North County Dublin also. Could you pm me the creche's you would recommend? cheers :o)ll