when does the bride speak??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs DD Posts: 177
what tends to be the general order of speeches ??
xlexi Posts: 595
Traditionally she doesn't I don't think but I was at a wedding a few months ago and the Bride said a few words after all the other speeches. I'm actually thinking of saying something at my own wedding
gossip girl Posts: 240
I'm going to say a few words also. Think my Dad is first then H2B's Dad and then me. H2B and best man to follow. My speech is gonna be short and sweet, just thanking the main peoplreally!! :o)ll
Twirler Posts: 1644
When the bride speaks it's generally directly before or after the groom
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I made me speech after our two dad's spoke and just before DH's
bear80 Posts: 85
I decided to make a speech and spoke last. :wv
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
I made the first speech! My wedding day and I have spent the last 2 years planning it so I was damned if I was going to be the last one to say a few words!!! They went in the following order, Bride Best Man Groom My Dad My Sister, she writes poetry so she had our wedding poem to be read out.
Charli09 Posts: 235
Traditionally ..... Father of the Bride...welcomes everyone and formally welcomes groom into family and tells a few tales of when his daughter was small/growing up Groom....thanks Father-in-law for his kind words, thanks Bridesmaids, gives out presents...also comments on how lucky he is and how wonderful his new wife looks Bride...can say a few words or read a poem Finally the Best Man Hope this helps.....but it's your wedding and you can have it anyway you like!!!!!! Just inform whoever is announcing each speaker otherwise they could get confused. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll