When going Public.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Do you meet with a consultant on your first visit and then you are automatically under his or her time for your duration or how does it work???? Can anybody advise, Im in Portlaoise
Daff Posts: 11644
Public in HS that's how it works. YOu have to see a consultant on your first visit, that's their rule. Then you are 'under' them but I haven't seen her since and hopefully won't! edited to add that I'm MLU so that's why I haven't seen a constultant.
Thanks for that, just wondered how it worked or how you found out who you were under etc. Sorry to sound stupid but what is MLU :-8 Its our first and really haven't a clue!
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
I'm in HS and was seen by the midwife in the clinic for my first visit, the leaflet said this was for all first visits (I dont know), then the second visit was the consultant (not the one that was on the letter, it was the registrar) and will see consultant on the next visit (thats what she said anyway). HTH :wv
chicabride Posts: 453
I presume its Midwife Led unit..Its been 7 years since my last baby so things have changed!! You are seen by the consultants 'team' and if there is any problems they will consult with the consultant about your pregnancy and if you need to be seen by him you will be. I had 3 children publicly and if I ever got pregnant again (which will never willingly happen :o0 ) I would go public again..the care I got was excellent.. I was in the Rotunda btw
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
I'm not midwife led care but please God next time I'll do that, much easier and less time hanging around too be seen for 5 mins!!
Thanks very much for all that. Its great to get an idea. :wv