When/how do you book ante-natal classes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

silíní Posts: 4219
Hi guys I'm in waterford and going private. I'm 10 weeks thursday. I'm wondering how and when you book ante-natal classes. Not going back to GP till end of Oct and forgot to ask her last time. Any ideas? Silini
mumof2 Posts: 3864
The earlier the better (Well in Cork anyway as here they get booked out quick) I booked mine at 14 weeks and got the class I wanted in January I have also booked with the Irish Childbirth for extra classes in November but that costs €200 spaces - when I rang to book this I only had a choice of November of January as those places were much more limited - go onto their website and have a look at what is available
Thanks september princess, will check that out!
MissieGold Posts: 1124
Best get myself booked in too - leaving it late as usual. :eek Oh and if I havn't said it before silíní, Congratulations on your pregnancy. Im a Deise chick too.
Yipee, two deise birds with little chicks on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
i'm going private in the rotunda - booked ante-natal classes through the physiotherapy department...maybe check on your hospital website and see what it says there?
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I think everywhere is different. When I met with midwife at gyne's first appointment she gave me a list of all the dates. She told me to go for first before I reach 20weeks and at the class I will be given dates and times for remainding 4. So going next Wednesday for the first one.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
I rang the last time I was at the hospital (was 14 weeks then) and the nurse said that I didn't need to start any of the classes till I was 28 weeks, so that's not till middle of December, she told me to ring when I was about 24/25 weeks and they schedule me in no problem at 28 weeks.
breeze Posts: 1175
Im going attending the Coombe, i wasnt even going to do the classes as i already have a DS and thought i new how to breath etc. :o0 :o0 But my mum said that if you have any questions the midwife will be able to answer them for you, plus you'll probably get to see the delviery suite. So i booked a refreshers course yesterday, only one class and that lasts about 2 hrs long. I thought i had left it to late too, but she was able to facilitate me no bother
Thanks ladies, typical HSE style i cant find any proper website for waterford regional!!!!!!!!!!!! But it looks like maybe i can check on my first apt w consultant! Thanks! S