Menu

When in cycle is Ovualtion

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Partygirl Posts: 34
We are thinking about trying for a baby very soon. Obviously I'm very new to this so want to know when is the best time of the month to try. If we have to try every day we will :lol: but my OH generally travels for at least 1 week every month and just want to make sure we don't miss the target time every month. I have my period at the moment until end of week (28 - 30 day cycle)and my OH will be away all next week, is our timing all wrong? Thanks.
brideeee Posts: 1490
HI there, In general you will ovulate 14 days before your period. You can monitor your ovulation by checking whenever you have egg white type mucus (I know sounds terrible), this is an indication of when you are ovulating. You should check on www.magicmum.ie (or .com) alot of women on here seem to recommend it as a great source of information for women ttc. best of luck, xx brideeee
brideeee Posts: 1490
Hi me again, Another Wolly Sally put this site on as a good one for ttc: http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/fam.htm You should check it out, good luck, you'll have fun trying anyway ;) xx brideeee
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
also try www.mymonthylcycles.com
Partygirl Posts: 34
Thanks Ladies.