When is my baby due??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Day Posts: 376
Girls, I'm in a spin! :) Hubby and I got married in July and started trying for a baby pretty much straight away. I'm 35 next year and my cycle is sooo long so we figured we'd have months and months if not years of trying. Well sure we were very clueless about the whole thing, was dtd but not had a clue when really was the best time or anything due to my cycle. So then 6 weeks ago I got what I thought was a period but it was very odd (even for me) - sorry tmi coming up!! It was not proper blood (sorry sorry!), it was brown and very light and very short, but again I didn't think much of that and we decided ok we'll get one of them Clearblue monitors and take a break and start again on next cycle. Fast forward 6 weeks, still waiting for next period (again nothing strange about that for me) and dying to get kick-started with the fertility monitor, but I just had an odd feeling so last night we decided to do a test and it was positive!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm so shocked! I cannot believe it, really can't and am so over the moon. Of course I'm bursting to tell people but after my long story all I really wanted to ask is when will a doctor tell me my baby is due?? I'm assuming what I thought was a period six weeks ago was an implantation bleed and therefore I am six weeks pregnant? But then if they go by the first day of your last period then that was a further 6 weeks previous so will I be told I'm actually 12 weeks pregnant?? I'm so confused :yelrotflmaosmilie: Thanks for reading! :wv
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I'm in a similar boat, not sure how long I am preggers. We reckon (based on a few BFNs) that I'm about six or seven weeks but not sure as I have reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly long cycles. So we're going for an early scan to see if that will shed some light :o)ll can't WAIT, although as I think I'm seven weeks if its more I'll be :eek :eek and freaking out! So maybe go for a scan? I can give feedback on ours if you like???
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":18v7ut1m]I'm in a similar boat, not sure how long I am preggers. We reckon (based on a few BFNs) that I'm about six or seven weeks but not sure as I have reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly long cycles. So we're going for an early scan to see if that will shed some light :o)ll can't WAIT, although as I think I'm seven weeks if its more I'll be :eek :eek and freaking out! So maybe go for a scan? I can give feedback on ours if you like???[/quote:18v7ut1m] Congrats Anne!! If we're both right we'll be due around the same time I think!! Whenever that is... :) Have you been to the doctor yet? I'm going to do one more test today to be sure to be sure and then make an appointment with the doc. Have you booked your scan privately then or do you need to be referred? Sorry for all the questions! :-8
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I had an unrelated proceedure in Holles St and they did a preg test as its routine-I was amazed to get a BFP! They had me at 12 weeks :eek but it was because my last period was 10 July, but I know myself I'm nowhere near 12 weeks. They must have sent the info to my GP because I made an appt with him for a couple of days later and he knew it was for pregnancy (so no charge :o)ll !0 and he felt tummy and also agreed (based on my dates for BFNs etc) I was probably about five or six weeks (so seven now!). We booked a private scan, its €100 I think? But worth it as we just want to see where we stand date wise. I'll let you know how we get on. It's so exciting! :o)ll
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
Congrats daisy day .. on the basis the wierd af 6 weeks ago was actually implanation bleeding I would say you could be around 10 weeks!! Reason is implantation bleed usually occurs around 2 weeks after ovulation and for counting purposes they count pregnancy as starting 2 weeks before ovulation .. so 4+6 = 10!
[quote="Marvin Mole":nyqgmeo3]Congrats daisy day .. on the basis the wierd af 6 weeks ago was actually implanation bleeding I would say you could be around 10 weeks!! Reason is implantation bleed usually occurs around 2 weeks after ovulation and for counting purposes they count pregnancy as starting 2 weeks before ovulation .. so 4+6 = 10![/quote:nyqgmeo3] Oh my God really? Thanks for the info Marvin Mole!! So between the jigs and the reels doctors count pregnancy as being more like 10 months then?
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Huge Congrats, Daisy Day! Great that it happened so easily for you when you didn't expect it! Depending on what hospital you go to you might be due for a scan anyway if you can persuade them you are around the 12 weeks! Booking visits are normally around that and depending on the hospital you will have a dating scan at your booking visit anyway. So maybe see about doing that before you go paying for a private scan. Normal calculation of estimated delivery date is 1st day of last menstrual period plus 9 months and 1 week. Based on this you would be much further on than your true dates because of your long cycles. A scan will be the only way to tell but the LMP date might get you an earlier scan. Good luck and good health to you in your pregnancy!
Thanks a mill Delphinium! My God my head is swimming with all the stuff I have to do! Best of luck to you in your last few weeks - you must be dying to meet your little baby now!
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I was the same at the start Daisy Day, it is all so bewildering at the beginning. I would have been lost only for this forum! We got our BFP much quicker than I expected as well - first try! I'm 34 and like you thought it would take longer. So it was a bit of a shock! But a nice one! Your GP will be the place to start anyway and see how you go from there.
fluffymum2b Posts: 209
Hi Delphinum Im in the same boat as you. My last period was 21st of july but didnt think much of this as i always irregular, then about 5 weeks ago i has spotting. went to the doctor on monday and she thinks im 4-6 wks maybe but my hopsital charts say 11 wks as they have to go from date of last period. i booked an early san for 29th oct to get my dates confirmed it costing 99. Go to the doctor and they will advise you what to do next. congrats xxx