Menu

When is the first combined care GP visit?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Altar Igo Posts: 119
Hi Ladies, I've gone for the combined care optio, filling out the form in my GP's office when I went to have the pregnancy confirmed.I haven't been to the GP since. I had my booking appointment with holles street at 12 weeks and have my first appointment with the consultant next week (16 weeks) and then again at 20 weeks but I'm just wondering when do I start seeing my GP?
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
my first combined care appointment is 24 weeks
Christmasmammy Posts: 120
I had my booking in appointment at 13 weeks, went to see my GP at 17 weeks, scan at 22 weeks, midwife at 27weeks, GP today (29 weeks) back to midwife at 32 weeks
pag Posts: 633
Have you an actual visit with consultant at 20 weeks or is it just the anatomy scan? If just scan, make appt to see your GP otherwise go for 24 weeks. There are usually v few appts until you get to about 24wks and then they are more regular.
sjp2010 Posts: 238
[quote="Altar Igo":8foka5b6]Hi Ladies, I've gone for the combined care optio, filling out the form in my GP's office when I went to have the pregnancy confirmed.I haven't been to the GP since. I had my booking appointment with holles street at 12 weeks and have my first appointment with the consultant next week (16 weeks) and then again at 20 weeks but I'm just wondering when do I start seeing my GP?[/quote:8foka5b6] sorry for change the subject but are you going semi private in Holles Street and did you get a scan done on your first appointment.
Altar Igo Posts: 119
Hi thanks for the info. SJP2010 I'm semi-private in Holles street. No scan on the first appointment. The just asked me questions about my medical history. Usually they take bloods as well but I faint a lot and since there was only one nurse on duty she said she wouldnt take them unless there was another nurse present so I was in and out in five minutes. PAJ I'm not sure if I will meet the consultant at 20 weeks or whether its just the anamoly scan. Now that you mention it I'm certain I've the scan then but not so sure about meeting the consultant. I'll find out next week when I'm in for the 16 weeks and if I'm not meeting the consultant at 20 weeks Ill book GP appointment for then. Thanks for your help
anotherbabyplease Posts: 57
ive to go to my GP when im 16 weeks (booking scan etc at 12 weeks) hth
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
At your 16week apt they will tell you when to make an apt with gp. In Holles st you have scan at 20 weeks&unless told otherwise you won't see doctor. I was in Holles st last week at booking apt and doc told to make apt with gp at 16 weeks and to come back to Holles st at 20 weeks, same day as scan.