when's the growth spurt?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ducky Posts: 2506
Hi, can anyone tell me when you start to really get the bump? I know it must be different for everyone...I had a little but obvious bump at 11 weeks and had to move into maternity clothes. Am now 15 weeks and it hasn't got any bigger...should I 'pop' soon?
Ivory Bride Posts: 111
Hi Ducky I was reading What to expect last night and it said that by 20 weeks you should not be able to hide the fact that you are pregnant anymore as your bump will be obvious! Im not showing yet (3 months) so I cant really tell you from my own experience
Hepburn Posts: 4081
That's about spot on. I went on hols at 18 weeks I think, and to those who didn't know, I could have just had a belly on me. A couple of weeks later I had that curve that is undeniably a pregnant belly.
Its a Secret Posts: 178
I have it... it happened this week. So obvious.... Roundy preggy belly! :lol:
grumpy Posts: 1280
I'm still not quite obviously pregnant yet, though I have gotten bigger in the last week and a half or so. Still, if you didn't know to look, you certainly wouldn't guess!
summer days Posts: 112
I didn't look pregnant till I was 22 weeks. Was still in my regular clothes with no belly at all to speak off (just looked a bit rounded).. Am over 24 weeks now and am definately 'blooming'. In Maternity gear full time and it is so much more compfy. For everyone it is different. My friend is 6 weeks ahead of me and she doesn't look pg at all!! I had a massive growth spurt at 21-22 weeks but none before that!! HTH
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I was showing by 13 weeks, and had a bump by 16 weeks. At 20 weeks everyone was telling me how huge I was (and I really was), but my bump hasn't got much bigger at this stage (27 wks) than it was at 20 weeks (although this week I feel like I'm growing again :shock:), so I'm not 'huge' anymore, just 'normal' size. As you said, it's different for everyone....
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Well I'm 23 weeks and last week I had to tell someone I was pregnant, she didn't notice. Quite a lot of people have asked me where I'm hiding the baby and at one stage I was worried because I was so small. Anyway I had a scan about a fortnight ago the baby is the right lenght and weight for its weeks and the Obst said that my placenta is lying to the back which is why I haven't got a very prominent bump. He said that I'm lucky its the easiest way to carry it and very comfy for the baby too. So don't worry if you don't get big, once the Dr's are happy with the way the pregnancy is progressing everything is going fine.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Thanks everyone. I deffo look preggers, although am told the rest of me has slimmed a bit...it depends what I wear how big I look, I think. My mum lives away and is coming to visit at end of Sept and am really hoping to have a proper bump to show off to her...silly I know but it is the first grandchild!! And I must say, am not one to wish I looked normal, or wear my normal clothes, it's all too much of a novelty the first time around...