when should baby turn?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi, just wondering what week roughly does baby turn to head down position? I'm only 24 weeks but just wondering when usually turns.tks :wv oh what are girl's experiences
nini83 Posts: 1917
Hi snuggler I generally think everyone is different as is every baby some are head down from very early on my lo is head up the whole time the hospital will usually give you to 37 weeks for baby to turn before offering an alternative usually a section so as you can see from my ticker it's looking like a section for me!! I used to obsess about it turning but now i just saw whatever baby wants to do it will do hth
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
Mine happened late 20 weeks but was talking to friend recently and hers only turned two weeks before birth. BTW if you feel the urge to get down on hands and knees to clean your kitchen floor do it - this happened me and i reckoned Mother Nature was helping me help baby make his big move.
keyra Posts: 801
My baby has been head down since 29 weeks but the doctor says that it can happen anytime up to week 36 or even later for some babies.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Mine was head down at 30 weeks. Was delighted even tho doc warned me it could turn again. Sure enough was breech at 33 and still is so looks like ceasarian for me too!
Mammy rigomad Posts: 958
My DD never turned!!Doc had told me that they should turn by 37 weeks.I had to have an elective section at 39 weeks.She was 9lbs 12.5oz!!I was so small that she prob didnt have enough room to turn!!
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
oh no didn't realise baby could turn again ..........
tilsun Posts: 4506
Mine used to be head down until about 25 weeks and then went transverse. It now seems to change between transverse and oblique. Honestly I don't think it's worth worrying about. i know there's a lot of talk and worry on here about breech, but both my GP and consultant (not to mention What to Expect) have assured me there is no notice taken of breech until 36 weeks unless there is some medical history that would make it seem unlikely baby would turn. Even then, a baby can easily turn right up until birth, but obviously after the 36 weeks they may start to discuss other options so you are prepared.
delgirl Posts: 1706
Mine still had not turned at 36.5 weeks. Was told that I would be in at 39 weeks and turned manually otherwise section if it still had not turned. I climbed up the stairs on my hands and knees and this did the trick - massive pain later and babs turned. Took a few trips over a few days but this is what my midwife said to do and it seemed to work.
bubblybaby Posts: 98
Dont know if there is a time exactly for babs to turn! I had my 3D scan at about 25 weeks and the head was down. :wv