when should I buy my veil???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mia82 Posts: 37
hi all, just wondering when should i buy my veil. I was planning on witing until my 1st dress fitting so I know what goes with the dress but am worried then incase they have to be ordered in and may take a while? What do you think?
smittenb2b Posts: 675
Can you go and try on your dress again and see what would suit it? I would imagine you would need your veil in advance of the first fitting just to be sure about it all.
sept_bride08 Posts: 220
I only picked my veil at my first fitting and that was only 2 weeks ago! Veil came in within a week and had it for my 2nd fitting over the weekend just gone! Ask your shop to be sure, but I reckon you'll be fine!! :o)ll
my dress is only due in end of next week so, 5 weeks to the wedding then so was going for my 1st fitting in maybe 3 weeks time!! shop did say they have a small selection of veils already in stock so maybe I will be ok. Maybe when I get the call confirming it has arrived it would be no harm going for a look just incase though. ahh so many things to do so little time!!!!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I got mine from veilshop.com and they sent samples first so I could match the colour to my dress. The ones in the bridal shops are usually alot more expensive than buying online too.
ozypozy that sounds great!! How long did it take for delivery?? I presume they do all lengths etc..
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I think it took two weeks, but they will give you an estimated time. Mine is just a plain two tier shoulder length but they do all sorts of lengths and finishes. I emailed them and were very quick to reply. Hope this helps!
Nemo79 Posts: 932
I had my first fitting at the weekend and bought my veil then. I am getting married in 8 weeks.