When to apply for MAternity leave??????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby4me Posts: 455
hi girls i was speaking to a friend of mine and she said that you need to apply for maternity benifit at least 14 weeks before you plan on leaving. mine is 15 weeks away?? Any advise?
pricilla Posts: 1564
Apply for it? :o0 Sorry that's no help! Do you need a hand with your dates or with the forms?
theoracle Posts: 7664
It is 6 weeks actually. You can download the form from here http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw11.html
Munchie1 Posts: 50
You should not apply any sooner that 16 weeks before your due date, and no later than 6 weeks. You need to get work and your doctor to sign your forms. I filled mine in about 8 weeks before due date then spent over a week getting work to fill in their section and then remembering to bring it to the GP's office. I hope this helps
baby4me Posts: 455
thanks girls does gp or work fill out first??? im so clueless is there anything else i have to apply 4?????
ginger nut Posts: 5989
have you notified your employers about your maternity leave? you need to notifiy them formally as well as applying for maternity benefit.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
oohh good question. I have the form i got it from HR. I have GP appointment on Tuesday and wondering should I bring it in to her then to fill out? Is that too soon. Had planned on sending it off before Xmas.