When to buy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
I know there is a similar thread, but just wanted to get a better feel for when you all started to buy stuff... like the big things for e.g. pram and cot!! Thanks in advance MTW x
Babybop. Posts: 592
I started buying at 25wks had a few complictions at the start so didnt want to tempt fate by shopping early.
yeah i'm the same babybop, terried to buy things.. but really really want to. I would just love DH and i to start 'investigating'... you know looking at buggies and testing them in shops... or whatever it is you're supposed to do! Everytime i have a successful scan or doc appoitment, i want to treat myself by buying things for babs!!!!!!! ha! ha! any excuse... i do hope to start picking things up soon though
lila Posts: 982
I haven't bought anything yet (28 weeks) but planning on getting a few big things over the next few weeks like prams etc.
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
My hubby bought some things from his FAv football cluc when we were TTC. As soon as i found out it was pregnancy i bought some baby grows. Straight after my 1st scan at 12 weeks i started really buying. Have all babs toilitries in and baby grows, hats and scratch mits etc. Need to buy loads more but i want to wait until we do the nursery so i can hang it all up and look at it every day :lvs Everyone is differnet. People were telling me to wait until after the first scan, then after that they were still saying " Ah its still early" Well i know my 2 scans now that babs is healthy and happy and im going to continue buying !!!
Cuteypie - you are so organised!!! Tell me, do you have all babs stuff at home???????? DH is paranoid about this, and thinks we should just put deposits on things and collect them when babs is born!!!! But i'm not into that idea at all, afterall i'm havin a Christmas baby, and don't want DH running round christmas week trying to pick everything up!!!!!!!! What about the rest of you, do you have all your stuff at home, or at families houses???
workingmom Posts: 3429
As soon as you feel ready, I already have my travel system, and a few bits and pieces. Buying stuff is not tempting fate, if something bad is going to happen, it will happen, well that's what I think, and TBH, I'd give the stuff away in that case .....
i like the way you think Mrs. GK - you sound like a very strong practical woman :wv
bride22 Posts: 359
We waited til our 28wk check up b4 buying just in case. Since then, havnt stopped
Sphynx Posts: 6795
When I got past week 20, the stress of having nothing (at all) bought or even thought about started to outweigh the superstition and caution about buying anything before the birth. So we went shopping towards the end of the second semester. I felt much better for starting (but also terrified). You will know yourself when you're ready. :xxx