When to do pre marriage course?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tati Posts: 152
Im Catholic H2B is COI just wondering is it too soon to do pre marriage course just be one thing out of the way!!!
shoegals Posts: 1640
As far as I know you can do it anytime. We did ours last week and we've six months to go and I have to say we really enjoyed it.
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
God I'd half forgotten about this !! :eek :o0 :o0 I keep meaning to book it, but it goes right out of my head. I've got four months left to do - is there a time limit that I have to have this done by ? (Our registration is done and dusted though !!)
macsmissus Posts: 928
You can do it as far in advance as you like. We are doing ours 21st March this year and getting married 6th March 2010. :wv
not too girly Posts: 400
[quote="frankensteins bride":1yiaovbk] I've got four months left to do - is there a time limit that I have to have this done by ? [/quote:1yiaovbk] If you are getting married in a Catholic church you need to get it done before you have your pre-nuptial enquiry so you can show the priest the certificate. I'd get my skates on if I were you... Accord courses (and others too I'm sure) book up months in advance. But of course, if you are having a civil marriage it is not a pre-requisite, though it is a good course to do.
mameme Posts: 94
Our priest advised us that it should have been done before we got engaged! :eek And at the very least before we had booked our hotel/church. Of course this was all said after he knew we had booked out hotel and church! (He is of course related to h2b). O:| We haven't booked ours yet but we're hoping to do it around April/May if we can and wedding is next March, we just want to get it out of the way so he's not moaning about it!
fruitypie Posts: 826
We did it as soon as possible because I wanted to get it crossed of the list of 'things to do'.. Did it in November and wedding was in June. I was amazed about the amount of couples at ours that were getting married after us. There was one couple and they're wedding was a year away! We really enjoyed it.
Twirler Posts: 1644
I would get it out of the way as soon as possible - you'll have lots of things to do closer to the wedding. They book up quite far in advance too - we looked into it at the start of July and the next one with places free that suited us was in November.
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
you can do it anytime. we are doing ours this Sat & not getting hitched til Sept. its great to have another job ticked off the list.