Menu

When to get hair colour done before big day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Toblerone Posts: 2698
I usually get tint and floodlights and usually leave it weeks and weeks before getting done but really don't to this time ( i don't want to look back on photos and see roots :o0 ) So got hair colour done last on 22nd July and was going to get next colour on 11th Oct (nite out with girlies - NOT a hen party :o0 ) with wedding end of Oct. What ya think? Should i leave it til week before wedding? TIA :wv
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I got my hair colour done a week before the wedding. Any earlier and I figured it would be faded or starting to show through on honeymoon. I would think your hairdresser would know best but on the other hand, you do want to look nice for your hen as well :o0
Mrs. Ash Posts: 1168
[color=darkred:q70xh70j]I was in the same situation as you, so my hairdresser told me to just get a t-bar done for my hen and then get the full head of highlights the week before the wedding!! This was definitely the best thing, although for your timescale, maybe get your t-bar done a week or so before the night out but I wouldn't get the colour done too far in advance of the wedding, you'll want to look your best!! :o0 :wv [/color:q70xh70j]
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I'm getting my hair done the wednesday before wedding. I get mine done every 6 weeks thought, i couldn't leave it any longer would drive me nuts.
romastylist Posts: 32
You want to have your color done 1 to 2 weeks before the wedding. A slight shadow caused by a week or two of regrowth with make your color look more natural in your pictures.
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Thanks everyone for advise. Very much appreciated. :thnk :wv