When to post invites for march wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridespring2014 Posts: 112
I am constantly torn on this one...do I post early jan and risk ppl thinking another bill in the post or do I post end of jan and therefore only give 8 weeks notice?? Which thought generally prevails for people.... Great lots of notice or no way feels like a bill??
little missi Posts: 116
Everyone that's attending your wedding prob knows that an invite is in the post for them.... My opinion wud be to send it out early January and give ppl time to save for it...,
atina Posts: 2240
I would say early Jan too
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
I got married at Easter this year (30th march) and sent them out the first weekend in January. I don't think it does any harm to give people notice. A couple of people weren't expecting one and even then it was too late!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I thought that 6 weeks before the wedding is the usual? I've never gotten one 3 months before the wedding
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
6-8 weeks is loads of time. Anyone coming from abroad maybe post theirs sooner.
MrsCliffwood Posts: 39
We are getting married end of March and planning on posting the invites start of january. we have people coming from england so want to give plenty of time but dont want them effected by xmas post
MissLabrador Posts: 63
For guests that had to fly over to the wedding, well I told them the date 1 1/2 year in advance to give them a chance to save up. Save the date cards were sent out in June or early July and I will send my invitations out in mid January. My wedding is in late march.
weddingevites Posts: 1
Send out your save the date announcements as soon as you have confirmed the wedding date - wedding service at your house of worship and where the wedding reception will be held. The goal is to give your guests a heads up to begin their wedding planning.