when to send out save the dates???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hi all, just wondering when the best time to do this is??? thanks O-O
COSMOPOLITAN Posts: 495
if you sending them to people abroad....i would send them as soon as you have hotel and church booked....as flights need to be booked
newyear09wife Posts: 899
We are getting wed this newyears eve and the save the dates are going out to arrive around valentines day. ... Dont think there is a set rule but I would say 1 year before maximum.
princess tinkerbelle Posts: 811
I would say as soon as you have venue and date. But prob not more than a year away in case the forget!! Need to give people plenty of notice esp if wedding is abroad.
macsmissus Posts: 928
I think about a year in advance too. I'm getting married 6th March 2010 and once the date passes this year, i'll have them in the post :o0
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
we are geting married New Years Day but wondering should we send them or not i know some of my relations will be like "who the hell do they think they are sending them out" so dono what to do
stayanon Posts: 476
I've never heard of that being done before (save the date) In all the weddings I've been to over the years I never got a save the date just the invitation about 6 weeks beforehand. Is this a new thing!!
proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
hi there everyone I am getting married 29th Dec and was thinking of May time sending them out. I think I will be doing it earlier now. Any recommendations on where to buy, make etc?
Gembira Posts: 847
I'm getting married May next year and I've already sent them out. I live in London and roughly 95% of my guests will be travelling to Ireland so I wanted to give them plenty of notice! I've also created a wedding website which was free so all the info is on there. I ordered magnets off ebay. Got 100 including envelopes for about £30. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48-x-Save-the-Dat ... 240%3A1318 Everyone has commented on them. I think they're a good idea especially if you're getting married at a time that people may plan to go away. xxxx
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
i might leave it a little bit longer maybe would feel weird sending it out so far away!!! love the idea of the magnets!!!! :o0