When to sort out suits?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

New Mrs Posts: 660
Hey, Just wondering when we should we start sorting out the mens suits. We need to hire out seven suits! I was going leaving it until 3 months before the wedding. Will this be ok?
im waiting Posts: 2727
In my opinion, you can never be too organised! Shop around and see who has the nicest suits at the best price, and then make your decision. If your happy to go put a deposit on them now, then go ahead! We are getting married in March and we are going to look at suits at the weekend. We have checked a few more places months ago and would have put a deposit on them then if we found the right suits, so if they have the right suits for us this weekend, we will put down a Deposit on them so that'll be one thing out of the way, hopefully
MrsJPM2be Posts: 257
We booked our suits last week and we are getting married in April which would make it 6 and 1/2 months before. And we also needed 7 suits. The thing is, if you want a popular suit you might find there are a shortage if other weddings have booked them. Though the guys we went to said they had enough to do 3 weddings at a time so there shouldnt really be any problem. But as the previous poster said, it does no harm to do it as early as you can, if you can.
MrsJPM2be Posts: 257
Oh, meant to ask - are you going with your other half? Mine told me he wanted to do it without me and would take his best man. In the end he went alone but didnt want to commit until I had seen them. Typical. It was so lovely seeing him in his suit - very fanciable!! :heartbeat: and :cool !
BusyDee Posts: 8527
There's no time like the present! I just wanted to get everything out of the way so I could relax for the last couple of months, no point stressing about suits a few weeks before the wedding when thats one job that you can do anytime! We bought hubbies suit back in January and then hired the 2 groomsmens - i think we got them in to be measured around may or june.
im waiting Posts: 2727
[quote="MrsJPM2be":3mq27k8b]Oh, meant to ask - are you going with your other half? Mine told me he wanted to do it without me and would take his best man. In the end he went alone but didnt want to commit until I had seen them. Typical. [b:3mq27k8b]It was so lovely seeing him in his suit - very fanciable!! :heartbeat: and :cool ![/quote:3mq27k8b][/b:3mq27k8b] +1 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I was hoping to pick a light grey suit but I wasnt sure if it would look nice on him as he is very tall and might look like a bit of Pimp! But when he came out in the suit I nearly cried, he looked dashing!!! ;o) I can't wait to see him in more suits this weekend :o)ll