When to take veil off???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
Just wondering, does anyone know when is it okay to take your veil off, before first dance or after first dance, the reason I ask is that my veil is cathedral length and I would be terrified of tripping over it and making a fool of myself... :-8
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
I took mine off maybe a half hour into the dancing. I thought I'd be a bit tearful but ended up whipping it off on the dance floor and throwing it over to my mother to mind. Oh well :o0
babe Posts: 80
[url] Hi Madhatter.. I have a catherdal veil also, and was going to take mine off when i get back to the hotel after the photographs are finished, before the cake cutting. O:o) [/url]
redwifey Posts: 2932
I might take mine off after the pictures too and i might buy something else to wear in my hair like a bigger tiara or something or else i might not bother.
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
i was thinking of having a tiara also so there would be something there once the veil was gone but i really was sweating bricks at the idea of tripping on the veil, thanks girls, i think after the photos would be fine, just didn't know the etiquette of when!!!
Sunshine B Posts: 364
Hi girls I don't think it really matters to be honest. I left mine on until the late bar and not one comment was passed and to be honest I forgot it was there. It was not a conscious decision but I am delighted now I left it on so long. Enjoy your day - everything else will fall into place. There are enough things to be worrying about. :wv Sun
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
bridemay08 Posts: 61
Ill probably take mine off after the meal and just before the first dance.
anonbride08 Posts: 326
i think i will also take my off before the first dance after the meal! Its a pity people dont keep them on all night though but i think it would be very annoying!!!
Mrs Big Posts: 919
Took mine off after the meal was itching to get it off..........